My subdomains get directed to another website

I have installed MU word press.

I have successfully added the multi user snip it that allows the tool-netork option appear.

I then added the code to the wp-config and .htaccess files.

Now, when I try to access either of the subdomains, I get a different website hosted on the same VM.

example:

http://www.domain.com
sub1.domain.com
sub2.domain.com

the sub1 and sub2 always go to a totally different site:

domain2.com

that is hosted on the same server.

Ideas?

Joseph

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Joseph Hogan, hope you're doing well. :slight_smile:

Could you send over a cPanel login, along with a link to this thread, to contact(at)wpmudev.org, with the subject line of Attn: Michael Bissett please? I can check to see how you have the DNS records set up, and see if something's not configured right here. :slight_smile:

Also, could you send over WordPress Super Admin login details? That way I can test from inside your network as well.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Michael

• Joseph Hogan
    • Flash Drive

Hello Michael,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I do not use cPanel and host this myself. We use a software called: ISPConfig.

And, the only way to see this is internally. It is not associated with a website. So, we will have to find another way to make this part work.

AS well I work with a technicaian, and all my traffic goes through his servers and his DNS server is set up to direct my traffic to my server. And, this works when I turn on the old webserver, but not with the new one.

As for the superadmin info, the user name is:

BigBoss67

I will send the rest by email.

Thanks

Joseph

• Joseph Hogan
    • Flash Drive

Jack,

Thanks for inquirying.

Up until now, Michael has not yet replied to my question by email. I did send the information that he requested.

Thanks for following up with him, or taking over the file to help me with my problem.

I look forward to a reply.

Joseph

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Joseph,

Thanks for posting back.

I checked the emails but could not find one from you. Can you kindly resend that info ?

Also, can you kindly confirm if you have added the wildcard dns to your main domain so that anything *.yourdomain.com should be redirected to the main domain and then WordPress can show up the right site ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Joseph Hogan
    • Flash Drive

Well, when I send a message to the above noted email, it bounces. It says:

Hi Joseph,

This is a auto response message from our system.

Please note that you have replied to the post notification and not the actual forum thread itself. As you will see in the email you received "Please do not reply to this notification via e-mail. All replies should be made on the forum thread."

In order to reply, please click on the link in the original e-mail to visit the forum thread where you can login and post your response. Our team will then be able to assist you further. You can also open a new question whilst logged in with your membership, you can do that here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

So, what do I do? I send to the email as requested, but the email bounces.

Thanks

Joseph

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

It's because you responded to a forum response. They're noreply. No worries I see it :slight_smile:

I took a look, it seems like your wildcard isn't right. When I view your sites I see the ecosite here:

http://www.eco2.ca

When I look at the IP for your domain http://joespace.ca/ I see:

And this is the eco2 site as well.

So I think your wildcard is pointing to that IP. You need your host to correct the DNS for the wildcard it's not something we can do in WordPress.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.