My subscribers are not able to log in. In the username and password area.

My Subscribers are not able to log into their accounts. For some reason they get an error message saying "You are logged in as dolphindreamtime@aol.com" This username is my personal account. Why would this error message come up? Then it asks the person if they would like to log out from dolphindreamtime@aol. They should not ever have any access to my personal account or information. Please let me know what the problem might be the problem.

This is a huge concern to me and I have no idea where I would find any sort of setting that could cause this conflict, or error.

Thanks for the help,
Elise

• Ash

Hello @Elise

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Does it happen for every user? Or you have to got this error when you tested? I have just tried with some random username and password and it shows me wrong username and password.

Would you please create a test subscriber account and give the username/password? Also, please post a full page screenshot of the error message.

Cheers
    Ash

• Elise

OK, so no one is able to log in. I have no idea what is wrong. Does Membership 2 Pro generate a username and password login? I must need to get rid of the one that is on my page currently and have the plugin generate a new login link, but I am not sure how to do this. I have granted access for someone to get on the site and look into what I need to do so that my subscribers can use their user name and passwords to log in. So far, nothing is working.
      I am really confused. LOL As usual.
      thanks,
      Elise

• Elise

OK, so no one is able to log in. I have no idea what is wrong. Does Membership 2 Pro generate a username and password login? I must need to get rid of the one that is on my page currently and have the plugin generate a new login link, but I am not sure how to do this. I have granted access for someone to get on the site and look into what I need to do so that my subscribers can use their user name and passwords to log in. So far, nothing is working.
    I am really confused. LOL As usual.
    thanks,
    Elise

• Ash

Hello @Elise

I have created a test user for testing and I was successful to login using this account. Would you please try with the following?
    Username: aaaa
    Password: vc*6POB*mFUGULSNIrIlq1Se

And then, would you please give me a subscriber username, password that is having problem so that I can check?

In which URL you were tried to login? Please give me that URL too.

Does Membership 2 Pro generate a username and password login?

I am not sure what you meant here, sorry :slight_frown:

When someone registers via membership, he creates his own username and password. So, membership doesn't auto generate username/password.

Please let me know about these.

Cheers
    Ash

• Elise

So I have just tried to use the username and password above, but from my computer it never logs me in. I put in the username and password, then click the login button, and the text says please wait......
      but there is never any movement to gain access to the site. I don't know what to do. My partner is LA tries to get on line and the dialogue box tells her she is already logged in as Elise.... Log out? Then it will not let her. I have attached an image of what I get when I try to log in with your details. Another Username and password would be Username: The Mook - Password: 121Tirriki. This does not work.
      The URL for the log in area is: https://www.americaismakingamovie.com/
      It is from the front page/home page. The log in screen is in the sidebar at the top right.

• Ash

Hi there

Now I see what you mean. You can't login from sidebar widget, neither am I.

It seems a js error for a plugin conflict. Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.