My Theme is lost in Nirvana

Hi there,
I´ve created a theme on this site and after setting some details in theme like version and author the message "you do not have permission to view this site" appears and so i went to previous site and now my new theme is completly lost.
I granted access to support so it would be nice to solve that because tomorrow moring i want to show this site to my customer, thanks a lot for help
Best regards,
Richard

• James Morris

Hello Richard Plaza,

I hope you are well today.

Have you tried to access the theme files via FTP to see if they are available there? I see that the theme is not showing up in Upfront Builder or in the Admin -> Appearance -> Themes section. This gives the impression that there might be a file-system permissions issue. Could you check to make sure the permissions are set to at least 705 for folders and 604 for files? Also, you may want to double-check the ownership to ensure the folders are owned by the same owner as the rest of your site.

If the files are not located on the server in the wp-content/themes/ folder, then I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to restore them. You'll need to restore from your latest backup.

Please let us know what your tests turn up.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Richard Plaza

Hi James,
    Thanks for reply.

1) there are 2 folders in wp-content/themes/, one is called pferdeland-gill-d the other pferdeland-gilloed
    2) file permissions are set to 644 and folders to 755
    3) folders and files belong to same owner

i think there is trouble with umlauts so the plugin generated two folders and now it don´t know which one to use. the folder pferdeland-gill-d contains no images, they are located in the other one.
    Maybe after setting the theme details they where splitted.

Best regards
    Richard

• James Morris

Hello Richard Plaza,

Very strange indeed. If they are located in the wp-content/themes/ directory, they should show up in Admin -> Appearance -> Themes. There must be something wrong with the theme files themselves for them to not show up correctly.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down box.

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.