My Ultimate Facebook plugin did not want to leave people

Hello Guys!

My Ultimate Facebook plugin did not want to leave people to register for Facebook.

By clicking Register, one fills the two fields, title and adress, and confirm the following error appears:

Could not register such user

How to solve?

My site is http://www.lp-books.com.br/

PHP version is 5.4.17 my hosting

More information just ask.

I await your help.

Thank you!

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

I did a test site and user creation by WordPress / BuddyPress without using Ultimate Facebook plugin, and it worked normally.

Which leads me to think that the problem is between the Ultimate Facebook plugin and the facebook app ...

I do not know what else to do, I'm getting desperate ... : (

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@UPSYS,

Hey, just chiming in here as you made opened a new ticket. If you suspect it's a problem connecting to the facebook API, first go to "Facebook -> Facebook Settings" If you see a green check with "Successfully connected to [your app name]" then I think we're ok. Let's try some other things first.

I've tested this on my lab site and it works fine, so I suspect the issue is actually a plugin or theme conflict. Can you try switching to the default theme (TwentyTwelve) and deactivating any other plugins on your site? Then see if the error persists.

If it goes away, you can start activating plugins again and switching back to your normal theme. You'll need to test the registration widget as you go. If the error suddenly comes back, we can identify exactly which plugin (or the theme) is causing issues.

If the above testing doesn't work, the next thing you'll want to do is enable enable debug mode. Then we can see if there are any other errors on your site that could be causing issues. This can be done by opening your wp-config.php file and changing

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    to
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Let us know what you find out.

Best regards

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

I disabled all plugins, just let BuddyPress and Facebook Ultimate assets.

TwentyTwelve still using the theme, auditioned for me to register and create a website.

The same error appeared:
    Could not register such user

Plus the message:

Warning: error_log () has been disabled for security Reasons in / home / lpbooks / public_html / wp-content / plugins / WPMU-dev-facebook / lib / external / base_facebook.php on line 1272

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

Testing with Debug enabled, this message appears:

`Warning: error_log() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/base_facebook.php on line 1272

Warning: error_log() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/base_facebook.php on line 1272

Warning: error_log() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/base_facebook.php on line 1272

Notice: Undefined property: Facebook::$user_id in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 394

Notice: Undefined index: email in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 844

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 844

Notice: Undefined index: email in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 400

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

In my widget on the control panel have:

Notice: Undefined index: title in / home / lpbooks / public_html / wp-content / plugins / WPMU-dev-facebook / lib / class_wdfb_widget_connect.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined index: width in / home / lpbooks / public_html / wp-content / plugins / WPMU-dev-facebook / lib / class_wdfb_widget_connect.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined index: avatar_size in / home / lpbooks / public_html / wp-content / plugins / WPMU-dev-facebook / lib / class_wdfb_widget_connect.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined index: register in / home / lpbooks / public_html / wp-content / plugins / WPMU-dev-facebook / lib / class_wdfb_widget_connect.php on line 28

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@UPSYS,

I've done some more testing here, and on Wordpress Multisite 3.5.2 with BuddyPress 1.8 and Ultimate Facebook 2.6.5 it works for me without any issues.

I've done some research on the code behind this, and the error you're getting is generated when the plugin can not create a username.

Can you please check your Facebook Connect settings and make sure that the user's name is being mapped to "Name" from facebook?

Thanks!

Best regards

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

Hello!

Follows the printi how this set up my plugin

I tested again and the errors persist.

The debug also showing this message:

Notice: WP_User-> id was called with an argument obsolete since versão2.1! Use WP_User-> ID

It helps to have some idea of the problem?

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

I commented the line 1272 error:

Warning: error_log () has been disabled for security Reasons in / home / lpbooks / public_html / wp-content / plugins / WPMU-dev-facebook / lib / external / base_facebook.php on line 1272

and the message stopped appearing,
    However I still can not register new user in the network ....

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

Notice: Undefined property: Facebook::$user_id in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 394

Notice: Undefined index: email in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 844

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 844

Notice: Undefined index: email in /home/lpbooks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 400

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

It appears that response signatures don't match, which causes the registration data sent back from Facebook to be discarded. Can you please try removing www. from your app domains in your app settings? Also, while you're in there, can you please double-check Permissions > Auth Token Parameter and make sure it's set to Query String?

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

Hello,

Follow the pictures of the new settings API.

The register continues with the same error:

• UPSYS
    • Flash Drive

Hi!

One person has made changes in this plugin, and now I do not know for sure if I can upgrade and not lose those changes, or if these changes do not allow the plugin to work properly. I have no further contact with this person :slight_frown:

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @UPSYS,

So, you're not using our version of the plugin? That would explain why this issue has persisted. We weren't testing from the same code. Unfortunately we can't support customized versions of the plugin because there's no way to effectively test it.

I'd recommend backing up your customized version, and updating to our latest version of the plugin.

If you let me know what changes were made, maybe there's a way to move them into their own plugin or code snippet. This way you don't need to worry about losing them with an update.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.