My website has moved and renamed the WP-Content folder and can not activate multisite

Hi.

My website is in the testing phase.
I installed a simple site.
For safety I have applied several tips, including've moved and renamed the wp-content folder.
Done this now my site is safer.
You can see it in http://webclientes.es.mialias.net
[removed]

Now I try to make it multisite. I've changed the wp-config by adding the code [define ('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);] and also the htaccess

Now I have available in the tools menu "Network Configuration" option, but the option is not activated in the menu to manage the web sites.

Please see the attached image.

I await your advice.

Thank you very much.

• Tyler Postle

Hey jmdt,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I have removed the username and password for your privacy because this is a public forum.

Would you mind sending in your authentication and your WP admin credentials through our private contact form? Then I will be able to login to your site and troubleshoot what exactly is happening here :slight_smile: this will also allow me to translate it into english in my browser, which will help me provide more efficient support for you.

You can Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -First level authentication username/password
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

FTP will allow us to ensure the folders are all correct and the code has been placed in the correct spots.

Look forward to hearing back jmdt!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ozo,

Thanks for sending that information in!

I've been looking at your installation and noticed that you didn't have any wp-config.php or .htaccess in your WordPress root folder. I moved that in there from your hosts root directory.

However, it looks like it is still saying it's detected a network of existing WordPress. Did you previously create a sub-domain site and now you are trying to make a sub-directory? I just want to get a bit more info before I go ahead and make any further changes :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back Ozo!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ozonia,

Thanks for getting back to me!

To be honest, this is my first time seeing a WordPress setup like this. I'm assuming it's the security strategies you have in place that are making it look a bit "unusual" to me.

Did you try to make a multisite before then change your mind and try again? Just curious why it is suggesting you already have a multisite installed when it isn't configured properly.

I see your point about the .htaccess and wp-config.php being in the web/ folder as that is what it suggests in the setup process.

Do you have many subsites created on here? Or many posts on your site?

I'm just thinking that it could be easier to start with a fresh install. You can export your posts and everything then start fresh. Is this a possibility for you?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.