My website is not visible on the internet and I don't know why

My website is not visible on the internet and I don't know why

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Suzette,

I hope you're fine today!

I tried to visit the site that you have assigned to this ticket but it's not loading, indeed. Instead, it returns a "500 Internal Server Error".

Most often, this is caused by one of these issues: insufficient WordPress memory limit (not to be confused with PHP memory limit set on server), a theme/plugin conflict, an error in WP configuration or server resources (memory, cpu power available, input/output limits etc) being exhausted. The last one is usually temporary so if the issue persists, I think we might exclude it.

That said, to solve this, start with following steps please (you will need an FTP access or you can use "File Manager" tool of your cPanel):

1. Edit the "wp-config.php" file of your WordPress install right above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" line, add this:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

2. If above didn't help, please go to the /wp-content/ folder and rename "plugins" folder inside to "plugins_off", then see if the site shows up.

If yes, then proceed this way:

a) create a new folder named "plugins" inside "wp-content" folder
    b) copy one (any one) folder (plugins) from /wp-content/plugins_off to /wp-content/plugins
    c) check the site again; if it's still working, repeat step b) for another plugin; keep doing that until the site goes down again and you'll know that the last plugin that you copied is the source of the conflict. In such case remove it again from /wp-content/plugins and keep going with step b) just skipping this one plugin - until all the plugins are copied from /plugins_off to /plugins

You should end up with a working site without one plugin installed but knowing which plugin was causing the issue.

Let me know, please, about results. If none of this helps, I'll need to access the site and investigate it as there might also be other reasons for the issue. But start with above suggestions, please, and then we'll see if any additional steps are necessary.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.