My websites has been down a few times

According to your report my website has been down a few times and I would like to know why and how to fix it
Thanks for your help

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Daniel

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The uptime check checks the site from outside - requests headers (sort of like a browser would try to load it, just a bit simpler). If it doesn't get expected HTTP headers with 30 seconds time frame, it considers the site being down.

It cannot, however, tell why this happened as it only monitor whether the site is available from outside or not.

That being said, I have accessed your site and checked uptime logs. It seems that recently there were three "down times" that were quite short (around a minute) and they correlate with server response time measured to be over 30 seconds.

That usually means one of two things:

- either the site was indeed down at that moment, most often due to server overload (available resources being temporarily consumed entirely)
    - or the site was available but it was loading very slow (hence: over 30 seconds response time).

I'd suggest getting in touch with your host first and asking them whether they can confirm if around the reported down time resources available for your site where exhausted or your server was temporarily down.

If they cannot confirm that and according to them the site was up, please check site traffic stats (if you got any) to see if around that time site was experiencing increased traffic (that might result in a slow down which, in turn, could cause "down" alert).

Let me know about the host response and these stats please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.