Nav bar highlight color not changing

Hi~ I changed the colors in my Upfront dashboard but they aren't showing in the theme. I'm using Theme Testdrive plugin, rather than a live activated theme, just so you know. Please see screenshot - I've circled in red where I changed the colors and how this is not being reflected in the Nav Bar highlight color.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Tyler Postle

Hey Sadee,

Hope you're doing well today!

I see the same issue on my site too. It looks like non of those colours affect the menu item background color. I'll mention this to our developers

In the meantime, you can use this CSS workaround:

#page .main-nav ul.menu li:hover a, #page .main-nav ul.menu li.current-menu-item a, #page .main-nav ul.menu li.current-menu-ancestor a {
      background: #000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    }

You can add this by editing the CSS for the menu as seen in my attached screenshot

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. You may want to change the color that I have set in the CSS there - as you can see it's currently set to black (#000) - here is list of colours and the hex code for them: http://www.color-hex.com/

Sadee

Thanks for the workaround. The color theme changes aren't working in multiple places - like the blog title font is still the original blue. Do you think this is happening because I am in Theme Testdrive mode or is this going to be an issue if I publish the site? Also, when I change nav bar page titles and save they aren't remaining how I made them. Plug in issue?

I'd like to get it built while my current site stays live.
    Thanks for your help!

Tyler Postle

Hey Sadee,

Thanks for your reply here. Are you changing the blog title colour in the "typography" settings? You can select the appropriate header tag from the element drop down then select the colour for it there.

For example, the blog titles on each blog page are H2, so select the h3 tag and then choose the colour you want

Do you think this is happening because I am in Theme Testdrive mode or is this going to be an issue if I publish the site?

I just tested this out with theme test drive on my install and it's changing the fonts properly for me so I don't think it's an issue with the plugin.

Also, when I change nav bar page titles and save they aren't remaining how I made them.

What are you changing about them exactly? Just the text itself? I did that on my install and it saved without any issues.

Can you grant support access?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Then I can have a closer look

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler