navigation enabled but not working on events

I set navigation="1" in the calendar shortcode and created an event in October, but the calendar does not progress:

http://aplacetoshoot.bluepulley.com/classes/

What I've noticed is when the right arrow is clicked, it scrolls down to that particular section; as if I was referencing the id of the section.

And if I copy and paste the link itself, it works ok:
http://aplacetoshoot.bluepulley.com/classes/?date=2015-10#eab-calendar-eab-monthly_calendar-eab-shortcode_calendar

I'm using Divi (Elegant Themes) and guessing it's something 'with the theme' but what?

Obviously I hope to avoid the plugin maker (wpmudev) asking me to talk to the theme maker, only for the theme maker to ask me to talk to the plugin maker!!

Thanks!

• Sajid

Hi @Logan Ramirez

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I know this is a theme error, but I will not send you to talk with theme author :slight_smile:

Its happening because Divi is treating it like anchors. I can fix this issue for you if you can send me theme. I need to test on my sandbox site while making changes.

You can post the download link of your here or you can also send me download link via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed"
    - Theme download link.

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @Logan Ramirez

I am sorry for delay here. I have attached the patched version of custom.js file with this thread. Download the file, unzip/extract and move to your child theme js (create if not exists) folder.

For anyone else having similar issue. Here is what I did to fix it.

1. In Divi/js/custom.js find out below code.
    $( 'a[href*=#]:not([href=#])' ).click( function() {

2. Right after the above one add this code to bail our classes.

if( $( this ).hasClass( 'eab-navigation-next' ) || $( this ).hasClass( 'eab-navigation-prev' ) ){
    				return true;
    			}

3. Save changes and upload back to server (you can move to childtheme/js folder too).

Update:
    Don't forget to clear your browser cache.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @Logan Ramirez

It means Divi does not care if you have custom.js file in your child theme folder. I checked the source code of Divi and its force to use parent theme js file. Most theme authors do this if they update a file often and want their users to use parent theme .js file only.

Any way you can remove the parent theme js file and load your own js file from child theme by adding following code in functions.php file of your child theme.

//remove the parent theme custom.js file.
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wpmu_remove_scripts', 20 );
    function wpmu_remove_scripts(){
        wp_dequeue_script( 'divi-custom-script' );
    }
    //now load our custom.js file from child
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wpmu_add_scripts', 20 );
    function wpmu_add_scripts(){
    	$theme_version = et_get_theme_version();
    	wp_enqueue_script( 'wpmu-divi-custom-script', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/js/custom.js', array( 'jquery' ), $theme_version, true );
    }

This should now load the file from your child theme instead.

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.