Navigation options (pages) not showing up.

Alright so, I just became a member and installed a plethora of plugins and the theme Product. The only issue is that none of my pages are showing up on the top navigation bar. I'm not sure what to do but I know it's probably a simple fix.

Thank you!

• aecnu

Greetings lucas_alexander_czarnecki,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Lets see what we are working with there:
    WordPress 3.3.2?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    BuddyPress 1.5.5?
    Product Theme 3.1.5?

How many pages do you have?

If you have pages to show and still there are not any showing, it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting. You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings lucas_alexander_czarnecki,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• cayres

This is happening to me as well. Instead of opening a new ticket, I thought I'd just add to this since it appears to be the same situation.

To answer your questions:
    Wordpress 3.3.2
    Solo
    No Buddypress
    Product Theme v3.1.5

The website in question can be found at http://www.vuware.net

I currently have 4 pages, but when I uploaded the theme to a test site, even the default page links (home, sample page) weren't showing.

I've switched to other themes and the page links show just fine.

I deactivated all plugins and the page links still did not show up. (They show fine in the widget area at the bottom of my home page)

So at this point, I decided to do some investigating. I use Chrome and went into the Inspect Element feature and did some digging.

It appears that the navigation is wrapped in a div with the classes "sf-menu sf-js-enabled sf-shadow". The navigation links are in a typical *ul* When I hover over the div, it appears as a 4px square in the top left corner of the nav bar. (see screenshot_1). Not sure what this is saying, but hey, it's there.

Now when I roll over the *ul* and *li* elements for the page links, they are showing up at the top of the page as if the links are off screen (see screenshot_2).

This theme has more complex coding than I'm used to and I don't even see anything in the style.css file, so I don't even know where to start looking to even try and troubleshoot the code on my own... I'll have to get better at this stuff.

Anyway, I hope this helps diagnose the issue!

PS: All plugins used so far are all from WPMU, so I don't have any 3rd party plugins to deal with. And as mentioned above, I did deactivate them all and checked.

• aecnu

Greetings cayres,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

To add pages to the top menu of the product theme logged into the site admin go to Appearance --> Menus --> and create what you want the menu to be right there.

I was able to do this in seconds as shown on my test production site:
    http://aecnuwpmu.us/

That should get things moving right along for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.