Navigation Within Events+

On my Events page I am showing a Calendar.

How do people navigate to a different month? There is a very small "prev" and "next" at the bottom of the page, but I need them to be able to select, for example June 2017 or December 2017 without having to go to the bottom of the page and keep going next, next, next, next, next, etc.

Where is the navigation for the calendar please?
Support Access is granted

• Luís

Hi Mary ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Unfortunately, the default template to the Calendar don't have any additional navigation. The default "Calendar" can be found and modified in "/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/calendar/archive-incsub_event.php".

I am not sure about the code involved to display like a dropdown to select and navigate to a specific month. I flagged the SLS team (our code experts :slight_smile: ) to investigate further and get their valuable feedback.

Since this team deals with more advanced threads it may take them longer to reply.

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi Mary,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I already received a feedback from the SLS team and unfortunately, this is not possible in the calendar because of the pagination, but it was added a new widget that have a similar feature.

This new widget will display two dropdowns, where the user can select a date (month and year), and then, will be redirected to the events archive page of the selected date, basically it's an "events archive" navigation widget.

If you are interested, please:

1) download the .zip file attached and unzip it;

2) you will find two files: "events-and-bookings.php" and "EAB_Month_Navigation.php";

3) using FTP access, upload:

"events-and-bookings.php" file to "wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings" folder;

"EAB_Month_Navigation.php" file to "wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/widgets" folder;

4) In your admin dashboard, go to Appearance -> Widgets and add the "Monthly Event Archive Navigation" to your sidebar.

This new widget will be included in the next release of Events +, so, you can upgrade the plugin that will not lose this feature..

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís