Need 3 levels of membership, but level 2 will have several packages

Hi
I set up a client with S2 last year, thinking that was the best solution for their needs, however it doesn't quite cut it.

What they need is for 3 levels of membership, but the middle level has several different packages (we've used custom capabilities for this in S2 - which was fine until now when we need to specify which role/membership level to send out notifications of new posts).

I am tearing my hair out trying to figure the most simple solution for them and wonder if I should just go with the WPMU Membership plugin. Can anyone tell me if it will do what we need it to?

Levels 2 and 3 are paid, and level 3 gets full access.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Babs

• Kimberly

BabsSaul,

Hi and Welcome to WPMU fourms!

We are actually currently hammering the kinks out of a soon to be released new version of the Membership Plugin, I am VERY excited :slight_smile: (too obvious hehe)

I'm hesitant to answer anything with specific functionality as I don't know everything that has been included. If you could give me a better idea of how you were thinking of restricting or what your varied middle tier is requiring I might be able to give you a better answer. Also are there any specific requirements you were hoping to meet? I have switched from s2 myself to Membership and have been very pleased!

Best,

Kimberly

• BabsSaul

Thanks Kimberly

What we have/need is for there to be several separate membership options - and members can have more than one of these but they are not tiered, just different. And then there is a level that gets everything, and one the other side that just gets the free stuff.

What the members get are blog posts with information specific to their package.

With S2 we started using the custom capabilities within one level, but then the problem arises when trying to automatically send an email notification for their package (or custom capability) - that option is not possible.

And the main problem is that I have to get something in place by Monday or will be emailing manually (which is actually not that huge a deal at this stage, but will then need to get something longer term that the client can handle).

So... Can the Membership plugin have separate membership options instead of tiered - I think that's the right question.

If not I'll go to bed and try again with a fresh brain in the morn... Hope I've not sent you to sleep.

:slight_smile:

• Kimberly

BabsSaul,

Sorry for the delay in reply, I forget how deep my Inbox is some days! :slight_smile:

Yes, I believe that Membership will do what you are looking for.

When you set up a Membership Subscription you include all of the subsequent membership levels in each subscription setup. It would be as easy as not including any subsequent levels in any given subscription.

As for emailing...we do have a Mail Chimp integration plugin :slight_smile:

Please let me know if I can offer any more information!

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.