Need a bulletin board type Theme

I need a theme simillar to The News Theme but be able to let members post in any category kind of like a bulletin board. I know if they have are a member they can post in a categorie but can I tie that in with their buddypress member section? Then add a store to each member. Do they need their own site or can thatis all be done without a multiuser and just buddypress? Thanks for your help.

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

I agree with Chris. Maybe in like 10 years BuddyPress could be there. I think that would be awesome. Right now though you would want to use Multi-site which has way more capabilities and you just have to learn how to limit them if you only want the things above.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Auktweena,

As Chris and Eric have clarified, there’s really no other way around it currently except to use Multisite and have users create a sub-site on your network.

Regarding a bulletin board, wouldn’t the BuddyPress forums work for that?

Cheers,

David

• Auktweena
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

If I use the multi site, do I still use buddypress? can the accounts be in the same or is that 2 different accounts? Then when each member has their own site is their a way they can add a post to any category on the network wordpress, (pick and choose which ones to add) if I used a theme as a bulletin board also if they want to ad posts from outside the network like if they already have blog elsewhere and want to add to the bulletin board? I will have to check out your forums more, I’m not to formillar with them. Thanks :slight_smile:

• Auktweena
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am working with a web designer Here in Anchorage Alaska and they have been in business the longest than any other company has been for our area and they aren’t very formillar with Multi Sites or Buddypress so it’s kinda hard to get some personal feedback. He is doing some redeign of a theme for me but he thought having a multi site would be really expensive with hosting and all and to complicated to manage? He thought I should just be a basic site and not a multi site and just not include some key features. Whats your thoughts on this? I really would like to add a store with their own blogging option and be able to have each member able to post in any category when they want to share. Is this very complexed, because from what I see it’s pretty doable with all your options? Would the daily Theme be able to handle a multi site user adding to certain categories when they wanted? I know auto blog has this feature but what if they want to post in diffrent categories and not all their posts? Lots of questions here! Thanks for any and all help on this.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.