Need a Main Store that has Global Products that Feeds Sub-Stores, Not the Other Way Around

I need to know if this is possible with MarketPress. At the moment we are starting a store that sells coffee. There will be a corporate site where anyone can purchase coffee, this will be the Parent store. There will also be "Reps" who will have user accounts under Multisite of whom will have a sub-domain off the corporate site as their front end store, which will be a replicated store of the Parent/Corporate store. We do not want Reps to create their own products to sell. We need a master list of products that Reps sell on their replicated sites. The company (us) will take all transactions and make shipments. Reps will get paid on volume that they sell on their replicated site. We would like to keep track of the sales for each Rep to display in their Dashboard.

Is this possible with MarketPress?

• codegreen

@johnnymestizo Thanks for the suggestion. This will definitely be part of the solution.

The next question is does the originating store owner get credit for the sale? This will be very important. Using the global short code, I see the link goes to the main site where the customer can finally add the product to the cart on the main store. If the originating store does not get credit for the sale, this feature will not work for us.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

• johnnymestizo

I believe it is the blog owner of the store that uploads the product, that gets the commission.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is precisely why marketpress should allow user profile chained payments.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-feature-request-paypal-chained-payments-connected-to-user-profile-not-blog

It would support affiliate referrals of individual products within a wpmu network, regardless of which blog it is sold or created on.

Cheers

Johnny

• codegreen

Ideally we just need a global payment gateway that is only editable by super admin along with the products. The parent store creates all the products for each sub-store (with a sub domain). Each sub-store can have their own cart, but they all use the same payment gateway. They will all even look like the corporate site using its template. Technically it is all one store with affiliate commissions. It is a "feature" to allow Reps to have their "own" replicated store. Sounds cool and is more personable. They would also be able to make changes to their version of the site as well with having separate blogs. We also want to have the Reps see orders they have gained.

Im not sure what I am trying to accomplish is going to work well with MarketPress. What I am trying to do seems opposite of how MarketPress was developed. Is what I am describing possible with MarketPress? That is all I really need to know because I will find a way to get us where we need to go knowing that it is possible.

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hi Codegreen

Ideally we just need a global payment gateway that is only editable by super admin along with the products. The parent store creates all the products for each sub-store (with a sub domain). Each sub-store can have their own cart, but they all use the same payment gateway. They will all even look like the corporate site using its template. Technically it is all one store with affiliate commissions. It is a "feature" to allow Reps to have their "own" replicated store. Sounds cool and is more personable. They would also be able to make changes to their version of the site as well with having separate blogs. We also want to have the Reps see orders they have gained.

Thats not really possible straight out of the box but here are a couple of ideas for you.

The global cart......

Setup a dummy install with all the configs you want, like paypal, etc.

Install new blog template:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

This will allow you to replicate all the data from your dummy site every-time you create a brand new site.

You could then code out the admin option to change the Paypal address, that means no one can change it. :slight_smile:

The tricky part is those plugins. There is no way to add them to the network admin, update them in the network and have them replicate through the whole network of sites.

That said. If each store is identical with products, prices, shipping, etc, etc, you could have a quick script written which would replicate the contents of one main MP DB. If its part of WP then use the wp_cron to replicate that data automatically at X intervals. Or if its a stand-alone script then use the servers cron to do it for you automatically at set times, like midnight every night to sync all sites up for the next trading day.

I do think this would be a fantastic idea for a new feature though, it would open this up for book publishers, wholesaler reselling and much more. Great idea!!

+1 from me, would anyone else like to see this?

• codegreen

There has to be an easier way to accomplish this. Maybe this is a good idea... maybe not.

1. Allow for Super Admin to assign a corporate blog using the blog id form the Network Admin
    2. Super Admin sets the affiliate commission of each tier (up to 2 tier affiliate payouts)
    2. The corporate blog will be able to manage all products, shipping and payment gateways as any site does now.
    3. As you suggested, remove any unnecessary tabs from any other blog that is not the corporate blog id so they cannot make changes. At this point I am looking to have them only see reporting of their sales and commissions.

At the end of the day, each order that comes through any of the sites is OUR order and we pay out the commission.

I did notice the products are stored in a separate table wp_mp_products. It almost seems as simple as ALWAYS using the blog id of the corporate site no matter what store the customer is on.

Im not sure if what I am asking for is totally against the grain of MarketPress.

• johnnymestizo

If you tied products to the user and not the blog (in regards to where the PayPal chain payment would go)...

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-feature-request-paypal-chained-payments-connected-to-user-profile-not-blog

Would that not fulfill both code green and my needs?

If a wholesaler creates a log in, uploads 1500 products, then another user sells them, and gets an affiliate commission, that would work yeah?

And or me, I want my main site and other network sites, to be a markerplace where people can upload products and sell them, so the site owner gets a commission.

To me, it sounds like the marketpress product should be tied to the user PayPal, and integrate the affiliate plugin so people can go viral and sell products.

Can this be a marketpress 2.5 request as Aaron said a lot of code needs to be re written, understandably.

Cheers

Johnny

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.