Need a suggestion for a simple event ticketing plugin

Hi,

I am currently using Event+ and M2 to try and enable users to purchase tickets for events. The problem is i dont think it will enable the user to say buy tickets for 1 child and 2 adults in one purchase. I need the plugin to have price fields for ...

1. Adults
2. OAP's
3. Kids

The user can then put a number in for each and the plugin will add them up and then go to paypal to purchase whilst at the same time send an RSVP to the user confirming the purchase so they can use the email printout as the ticket.

Can Events+ combined with M2 do this and if not what simple plugin solutions are out there that will that ideally do not cost much or any money?

:slight_smile:

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Studio3creative,

Membership 2 Pro will allow you to set different prices for members of memberships but will not do the adult, child or OAP variations of prices.
    But you can try Events+ and MarketPress - there is add-on in Events+ "Payments via MarketPress Products" that will allow to buy events tickets through MarketPress checkout. Also it takes prices from product variations, so you can have a different ones for one event.
    Buying few tickets directly from the event can be tricky because for different variations there you will need to click to purchase few times, but then its possible to change amount of tickets from shopping cart.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Studio3creative,

Membership 2 Pro will allow you to set different prices for members of memberships but will not do the adult, child or OAP variations of prices.
    But you can try Events+ and MarketPress - there is add-on in Events+ "Payments via MarketPress Products" that will allow to buy events tickets through MarketPress checkout. Also it takes prices from product variations, so you can have a different ones for one event.
    Buying few tickets directly from the event can be tricky because for different variations there you will need to click to purchase few times, but then its possible to change amount of tickets from shopping cart.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi Studio3creative, hope you had a wonderful day.

I can suggest you a workaround, this might help.

Suppose you are trying to sell movie tickets for Adults, OAP's and Kids. Now you can create a product in MarketPress called "Premium Ticket for Movie Demo" (you can use any name) and then create 3 variation of that ticket. You can set variation name as Adults, OAP's and Kids and set different prices for those. Now when a user goes to that page, he can add 2 Adult ticket and 1 Kid ticket in cart, and then when he goes to checkout page, he can pay for all at once, in single transaction. You can manage this solely from your server and your very own WordPress Dashboard.

What do you think?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.