Need advice to start an online shop

Hi
I would like to have an online shop on my site. I currently installed woocommerce on my site but I haven't start working on it yet. I heard you have a marketing press plugin that I could also use. I also thinking about buying Shopify.

I don't know which option I should choose. Would you please give me your advice which of these I should use: woocommerce, market press plugin or Shopify?

Thank you
Chad

• James Morris

Hello CHAD,

I hope you are well today.

Well, honestly, this is a very broad question. Each of the solutions you mentioned has their strengths and weaknesses. Which plugin you *should* use will depend greatly on what it is you want to sell and how you want to handle different aspects of the sale. Of course, I'm always inclined to suggest our excellent MarketPress plugin. :wink: But, if that's not the best fit for you, I may suggest one of the other products.

Here are some questions you'll want to consider when choosing a solution:

? What types of products are you selling (digital, physical, variable, services, etc.)?
    ? Will customers need to customize products (t-shirts, hats, banners, etc.)?
    ? How will you be managing billing (PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, etc.)?
    ? What are your shipping considerations (multi-country, zone-based, table rate, etc.)?
    ? Are there other plugins you need to integrate sales with (CoursePress)?
    ? Are there any special pieces of data you need to collect on checkout (beyond basic contact details)?
    ? Are there any other special considerations (custom layout, sorting, time-based sales, coupons, etc.)?

These are just a few of the factors you'll want to take into consideration before selecting a solution. And, of course, these can lead to many more questions once you start digging in and planning your store.

MarketPress is a robust e-commerce solution that includes many of the features of WooCommerce, but there's no extra charge for some features that are extra with WooCommerce. So, there's an obvious benefit there. However, there are modules available for WooCommerce that are not available for MarketPress. So, if you have very complex needs, then WooCommerce might fit better. But, if the features of MarketPress cover your needs, then I believe you will find it a very good solution.

You can learn more about what MarketPress does at the following link:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/#product-usage

I hope this gets you going in the right direction. Let us know if you have further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.