Need advice on plugin configuration and existing users - membership plugin

A few question regrading implementation of WP membership plugin (WP v.3.0.4 Single User & NO Budypress)

1) I need to ask advise on asking a user to subscribe when they click on a page which is protected by membership plugin. I understand the protected page can be made by posting a page in the dashbaord area of WP (which i have done). However, when the new user see's a protected page they are advised by me that the page is protected content see - http://www.einsurancearticles.com/submit-your-free-articles-here/

What i want to ask is how do i then ask the existing user to subscribe - do i just add my own blurb! to the page and maybe a graphic which links to the register page ?

Which Brings me onto Question 2

2) I have 8,000 existing users which are PRE-Membership Plugin and i need to know what MYSQL query I would need to run in 'PhPMyAdmin' to allow all of those users to be placed in a membership level called 'Free Membership Trial' - i am not that good with mysqsl and will ask if you could give me the mysql query to run in PhPMyAdmin.

However, if i give all my pre-membership plugin users (8,000) a free trial membership they will not have agreed to pay for their subscription (currently using the PayPal gateway) so how will they pay when the 7 day trial expires ?

3) I need advice on how to protected the admin area of the WP completely - i do not want any free members to have access to the admin side of the side until they have signed up to a 'Gold Paid Member' subscription. Currently the protection only extends to menus, plugins etc in the backend but can their be a totally blanket ban on even seeing the admin side of the site for non members ?

I hope you can answer these question, i was in live support today, and they suggest i post these questions. I am needing to get a live site working by Monday morning (UK) time so any quick replies would be amazing.

Many Thanks
Val Marks
http://www.einsurancearticles.com

• Barry

What i want to ask is how do i then ask the existing user to subscribe - do i just add my own blurb! to the page and maybe a graphic which links to the register page ?

Yes, the no access page and messages are your chance to upsell your site and link to your registration page.

I have 8,000 existing users which are PRE-Membership Plugin and i need to know what MYSQL query I would need to run in 'PhPMyAdmin' to allow all of those users to be placed in a membership level called 'Free Membership Trial' - i am not that good with mysqsl and will ask if you could give me the mysql query to run in PhPMyAdmin.

We'll need to know some more about your installation in order to do that - such as what your prefix for the db is, what the database table for your users is, what your membership table names are.

However, if i give all my pre-membership plugin users (8,000) a free trial membership they will not have agreed to pay for their subscription (currently using the PayPal gateway) so how will they pay when the 7 day trial expires ?

When the 7 days expires, if they then login and go to the registration page whilst logged in they can pick a subscription.

I need advice on how to protected the admin area of the WP completely - i do not want any free members to have access to the admin side of the side until they have signed up to a 'Gold Paid Member' subscription.

You will have to write a quick plugin that sits in mu-plugins that hooks into the init action, then checks if the user is in the admin area (is_admin) if they are, it checks if the current user is a member of a specific subscription and if not redirects them to the front end of the site - have a look in the membershipincludes/includes/functions.php file for example of functions you can use to check if a user is a member or is subscribed to a specific subscription / level.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.