Need advise on moving my site to buddypress

Hello,

I have a wordpress site in which I teach photography by video lessons. The website and lessons are completely in spanish language.

The site (www.luchotv.com) has video lessons, a free chatroom and a very active comments area where I reply all kind of photography questions.

Now I want to convert my audience into a community usig bbPress and BuddyPress and I would like to know the logical steps to achieve this so I have some questions:

I think (but your opinion is appreciatted) I do prefer a site wide forum with all photography topics together in one place. I my case do you see any advantage in the group forums?

I use wishlist member plugin but I just contacted them and they told me the plugin integration with buddypress is really bad. Right now I have less than 50 paid subscribers so there would be no big problem if I have to change to your membership plugin. What would be your advice on this matter?

Until now all my lessons were free but starting in November I want to make 1 free and 3 private monthly lessons. The site should show the private lessons until the "read more tag", is this possible with your plugin?

My site is 960px wide with a 330px wide rigth sidebar. Do you have any Buddypress theme allowing some customization like custom body and sidebar width and no-sidebar pages?

If I have problems along my installations and custom changes is possible for you to take a look at my site and help me to solve the problem?

I have this site and my professional photographer wp site, each one in individual installation. Is it advisable to merge them into a wp multisite for the buddypress purposes?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Luciano Ippolito

Patrick

Hi Luciano,

I my case do you see any advantage in the group forums?

The main advantage of groups forums is that you also get all the other functionality of groups
    But you need to think about whether you need to offer your users the possibility of creating focused micro-communities (groups) within your overall membership.

Right now I have less than 50 paid subscribers so there would be no big problem if I have to change to your membership plugin. What would be your advice on this matter?

By all means, go for it! You can easily add and edit all membership information for your existing members, and assign access levels and subscriptions to each.

The site should show the private lessons until the "read more tag", is this possible with your plugin?

Yes. The plugin can automatically protect content after the "More" tag.

My site is 960px wide with a 330px wide rigth sidebar. Do you have any Buddypress theme allowing some customization like custom body and sidebar width and no-sidebar pages?

Those are pretty standard dimensions. But yes, most of our themes can be customized to suit your specific needs. The best way to find out is to take advantage of your full monthly access and download a bunch of them to test

If I have problems along my installations and custom changes is possible for you to take a look at my site and help me to solve the problem?

We'd be happy to

I have this site and my professional photographer wp site, each one in individual installation. Is it advisable to merge them into a wp multisite for the buddypress purposes?

If you want to use the multisite Activity streams that BuddyPress makes possible, then yes, merge them into the same multisite installation. If not, you can try our Domain mapping plugin to make it appear as though they are the same site.

Whew! That was along list