Need advise regarding SEO and Catalist framework

Hello,

After 2 or 3 weeks of research and having tried about 50 free and premium buddypress compatible themes with no satisfactory results I think I will finally switch to catalyst framework.

I have been using my theme´s included SEO features (atahualpa) for the last 3 years and now I will have to manually do all the SEO work again for every single post and page. Catalyst includes SEO options but, as I don't want this to happen to me again in the future, would it be advisable to use a third party SEO plugin (like all in one seo pack) instead of the included SEO?

Does the theme changing (after 3 years of using it) may have a negative impact regarding google rankings?

Thank you for your help,
Luciano

• aecnu

Greetings Luciano,

Thank you for this great question.

I must admit that I am in no way a fan of framework themes.

I have yet to find one that integrates with other elements as easily compared to regular themes to include the ability to customize them. However, if you are happy with your framework theme choice then so be it.

Regarding SEO, personally I use two SEO plugins one for exclusively creating sitemaps which is the Infinite SEO plugin and the other for addressing all the other elements of SEO - SEO Ultimate plugin.

That is the best advice I can give and hopefully will work for you as well as it has been working for me these last couple of years.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.