Need assistance providing access to new members

So I'm using a front end publisher and I'd like new members who pay to join to be about to post blogs including upload images. But don't know who to give them permission.

Can anyone assist?
Thank you so very much for any assistance.

Mark

• Luís

Hi @mark_moore,

I hope had been good today!

So, If I understand well, your members don't have permission to blog post? Right?

If yes, you may need the Membership 2 Pro version, that allows you to define the user level of the membership (Subscriber, Editor.. ). Membership members acquires capabilities to create posts, etc.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• mark_moore

Hi Luis,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
    So, I went to upgrade to Membership pro 2 and when I went to update it I received this error message.
    Can you help?

Disabling Maintenance mode…

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/shojitsute/debut-media-members.com/wp-includes/update.php on line 122

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/shojitsute/debut-media-members.com/wp-includes/update.php on line 302

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/shojitsute/debut-media-members.com/wp-includes/update.php on line 466

Thank you so very much
    Mark

• mark_moore

Hi Luis,

So I was able to update the membership 2 plugin and after clicking settings it took me to a place to import. I clicked import and everything seemed fine. But now that's all that'a available to me. UGH!
    I really have no idea what I'm doing with this plugin even though I'm following the directions.

Any help would be so, so, so appreciated.
    Thank you so much for any assistance.

Mark

• Luís

Hi @mark_moore,

I hope had been good today!

I'm glad you have solved your issue.

Regarding to your questions:

1) Go to Membership 2 -> Add-ons and enable Member Capabilities add on.

This add-on will allow you to manage user-capabilities on membership level.

Then go to Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> User Roles and assing to the members the WordPress Author role. See the image below.

2) It depends on what you want to do.

If all your register users will have to belong to the paid Membership, you only need protect your content and give access then only for the members.

Go to Protecion Rules -> Pages , select all your pages and add to that membership. You need to do also to the Custom Post Types.

If you want to have two levels (Free and Paid) you need to create two Memberships and define in Protect Rules, what pages are available to the free Membership (register users only), and to the paid Membership.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.