Need assistance with Upfront please

I tested the upfront theme. But the problem was, I didn't know how to change to color of a complete row (base: scribe theme). Below the navigation I wanted a horizontal bar (full width). There was always a small margin left and right with the background color. Perhaps there are steps I can follow on how to create flexible blocks / horizontal bars in full width?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello thomasgemperle,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I tested the upfront theme. But the problem was, I didn't know how to change to color of a complete row (base: scribe theme).

I think that by "row" you're referring to "region". A region can be set to "contained" or "100% width". The first setting will usually leave some margins on left and right side as Upfront's default width for "desktop" devices (screen resolution) is 1080 pixels.

While keeping a region set to "contained" the only way to make that "margins" color-match region itself would be to change background of entire page. This however will most likely result in other region's outstanding from background. Therefore, the option here would be to set region to "100% wide". Take a look at this video please:

http://screencast.com/t/QbQyVIqM3Zx

Perhaps there are steps I can follow on how to create flexible blocks / horizontal bars in full width?

You could add a new region and set it as shown on video above. To create a new region, click on "Edit background" (blue trangle icon in top-right corner of the region) for region above or below the place where you'd like to place that bar of yours and then click on yellow "plus" ( [+] ) icon on top or bottom edge. A region will be created and you can then set it to cover entire width of the page.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam