need help with domain mapping

I am experimenting with the domain mapping plugin.

I bought a new domain with a trial account that allowed me to have a dedicated IP address at name.com. My nameservers are ns1.name.com, ns2.name.com, etc... The domain is imgnhost.com. I have WP multisite installed as well as the domain mapping plugin.

The domain I want to map is hosted at GoDaddy (thropheto.com). I changed the nameservers on that GoDaddy account to reflect my new trial hosting account with the dedicated IP.

I added the mapped domain while logged in with the thropheto account at imgnhost.com. What step am I missing? When I go to thropheto.com, it takes me to a parked domain page.

Also, added an admin role user for your use to help me with this problem:

admin login url: *Edit: Removed by Forum Mod*
*Edit: Removed by Forum Mod*

Thank you.

• wpcdn

The domain I want to map is hosted at GoDaddy (thropheto.com). I changed the nameservers on that GoDaddy account to reflect my new trial hosting account with the dedicated IP.

To map a domain you do not have to change its nameservers. You just change its A record to point to the target.

When I go to thropheto.com, it takes me to a parked domain page.

It may take time to propagate.

Also, added an admin role user for your use to help me with this problem:

That's a very brave move...

• Mason

Hiya,

Yeah, as Mark commented - posting admin credentials is never a good idea - especially on a public forum. I've gone ahead and removed them and you'll want to change your password or delete that username entirely.

The domain name thropheto.com is still showing 67.228.81.181 as it's IP address. That's not the one defined for your multisite installation. My hunch is that it just hasn't propagated yet. As mentioned above you really don't have to change the nameserver settings, just adding an a record will be sufficient - though the way you've done it should work.

Give it up to 24 hours and if it the new domain isn't redirecting you'll want to contact them directly.

We'll continue to help here if other issues come up.

Thanks!

• Diane

Can I ask a similar question. Over the weekend i set up influencer.biz and have a blog inspire.influencer.biz - I want to map the domain inspireourteens.co.uk - My server ip is 77.74.197.10 - after 24 hours when it hadn't worked I changed the nameserver but now I have changed it back. If it hasn't connected by this time tomorrow I will come back and ask again.

My question is.... Does it matter that its a .co.uk domain?
    Most of the sites on my multisite will be .co.uk - are there any extra steps I need to take to map the domain or should it work exactly the same. I thought I remember reading something about international domains and having to do something extra I just cant remember where.

Domain mapping has been my only bug bear - otherwise the whole thing has been a breeze thanks to all the plugins and stuff in here :slight_smile:

thanks
    Diane