Need clear explanation on how domain mapping work?

I have dedicated IP address, so from godaddy I already change the A record to my dedicated IP address. My question is do I need to follow the steps from Usage tab to Advanced DNS for each of the domain I want to map?

• Ash

Hello @Michael

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

There are two ways in fact.

The easier way is to add the mapped domain in your host as parked domain.
    But if you can't add the domain as parked domain then you will need a dedicated IP and you already have one :slight_smile:

Now first of all, your dedicated IP should be pointed to the root of your network site. That means, if your network site is abc.com and your IP is 111.111.111.111 then if you enter 111.111.111.111 in the browser, you should see the site abc.com

And then you need to add the IP as DNS A record in mapped domain panel. And yes, you need to do the same for every domain you want to map in your network subsite.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael

Now first of all, your dedicated IP should be pointed to the root of your network site. That means, if your network site is abc.com and your IP is 111.111.111.111 then if you enter 111.111.111.111 in the browser, you should see the site abc.com

I got that part. My IP is showing my root site

And then you need to add the IP as DNS A record in mapped domain panel. And yes, you need to do the same for every domain you want to map in your network subsite.

I did that in Godaddy. Changed IP address in A record for @ to my dedicated IP.

But my question is do I need to add this A record in Advance DNS Zone in my cpanel?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.