Need Different themes for each of my multisite/prosite/new blog template

Hi,

I need to set up quite a few full site templates for the user to choose from at sign up. I'm using multisite/prosite/new blog templates.

I need a DIFFERENT set theme for each of these templates that I will also set up demo's for so they can see it live before they choose.

1. How do I get a different theme on each template?

2. Can't I just create a template> create a site from that> change the theme on that new site> and then make that new site into a template so that I can do this over and over?

3. Must I have all the themes enabled on the network admin to be able to select from them?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

• Ash

Hello @Enfusia

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

1. How do I get a different theme on each template?

In NBT, in a single template you can't include multiple themes, you need to create multiple template with multiple themes.

2. Can't I just create a template> create a site from that> change the theme on that new site> and then make that new site into a template so that I can do this over and over?

3. Must I have all the themes enabled on the network admin to be able to select from them?

Yes, you can do that and all themes must need to be network enabled.

If all themes are network enabled, and if an user register a site using a template, he can change the theme later within the available themes in his subsite.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Enfusia

Hi Ash, thank you for such a fast reply.

1. In reference to #1 above: Are you saying that; Each template that I create can only have 1 theme correct?

If yes, this is exactly what I want to do.

I want only ONE new, different theme on EACH template. Then they can preview the demo and select that template.

2. SO, I first need to have all themes network enabled under network admin. Then when I create a new site I can select the theme correct?

3. How many themes can I have enabled under network admin at one time?

Thank you!

• Ash

Hi @Enfusia

1. You are right.

2. Nope. If you have NBT enabled, then the default theme in that template will be auto enabled, then the user can change the theme if he wants. But when you create a subsite, you can't select a theme, but you can select a NBT template.

3. There is no limitation. You can enable all themes that you have in your site.

Cheers
    Ash

• Enfusia

Hi Ahs, thanks you sir.

I'm confused by the #2 response above.

I have 3 levels. Free, Pro and Pro plus. I have made each of these one of my 3 categories that they can choose from.

1. They should ONLY be able to choose from the category of the level they sign up in correct?

2. So Exactly how do I get it so there is only ONE different theme on each template?

3. And how do I make it so that each level can only select from a specific group (or category) of templates?

I feel that I'm pretty close to getting it, but I just a little help.

Because I thought: I network enable all my themes> create one master site set up the way I want it> copy it> change the theme and other variables> then turn that into the template> select a category> and the users select a template from the category they signe up in. Is that correct or what am I missing?

Thank you very much!

• Ash

Hi @Enfusia

I am sorry, sometimes I get confused when you ask about pro sites and when about NBT :slight_frown:
    Currently, there is no integration between Pro sites and NBT. In NBT, you can create several templates and the user will be able to select a template. And after that he will be able to change the theme and select a pro level.

For example, you have 5 themes - a, b, c, d, e.
    You want to create three templates in NBT:
    A => a theme
    B => b theme
    C => c theme

You also have three pro levels - x, y, z

Now there is no integration between pro levels and themes.

So, an user go to register page > select a template > select a pro level > get registered.

Now, if you want to allow specific themes for specific pro levels, then you need to enable Premium theme modules. So, you want to enable d theme for y level and e theme for z level. In that case, do not network enable d and e themes, but add in premium themes module.

Now, if an user registers under x pro level using B template, then b theme is activated for him, but he can switch to a and c too.

But if his pro level is y, then he will get one extra theme - d.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.