Need Gridmarket customizing help

Hello.
I am working on customizing my network so that certain items appear on ALL sites.
Example : My network logo, my footer link, a signup to network....I'm hard-coding all of that because I cant seem to find another way to do this.

Now i have a few problems that i hope someone can guide me through :

a.
How do I hide the CART that appears above the logo area in the header?
(i can hardcode it out but I know there's a way to switch it on/off in the network admin)

b.
Really embarrassing question, but how do I expand width of search bar in the header?

c.
Can I move "Pick a Store" from header to sidebar - i'm using GridMarket template.

Thank you.

• aristath

Hello there @Crissie, I hope you're well today!

a. How do I hide the CART that appears above the logo area in the header?
    (i can hardcode it out but I know there's a way to switch it on/off in the network admin)

I'm afraid you'll have to hardcode this... There is no network-wide option in the admin.

b.Really embarrassing question, but how do I expand width of search bar in the header?

It's not embarrasing, nothing to worry about.
    Could you please post a link to your website so that I may see this in action?
    We'll have to write some custom CSS to do that and I can't do it unless I see it myself.

c. Can I move "Pick a Store" from header to sidebar - i'm using GridMarket template.

You'll have to delete these lines from header.php and move them to sidebar.php:

<div id="mp-storepicker">
    	<?php _e( 'Pick a store:', 'framemarket' ) ?>&nbsp;&nbsp;<?php framemarket_listall_shops(); ?>
    </div>

(it's lines 46-48 on header.php)

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• whatsup

PS - I did what you recommended but store picker is not showing on sidebar at all now.

What I did :

Deleted from header.php
    <?php _e( 'Pick a store:', 'framemarket' ) ?>  <?php framemarket_listall_shops(); ?>
    </div>

Placed in sidebar.php just below the tags area :
    <h3 class="widgettitle">Our Stores</h3>

<?php _e( 'Pick a store:', 'framemarket' ) ?>  <?php framemarket_listall_shops(); ?>
    </div>

What did i do wrong?

• whatsup

Update after 6 hours :

a.
    the search bar width - I cant for the life of me find how to add width to the header search bar.

b.
    your suggestion re the store picker is not working.

c.
    In product posts, when a visitor clicks on a photo, it opens in a new page. Not good. I have lightbox activated but it only works for featured photo.

d.
    Seller has to post a Featured Photo in order for one to appear in the homepage product grid. Not good. Why cant the code just pick the 1st photo from the post?

e.
    Something's gone wrong here - when i add a new test account, I find that new sellers are automatically added as administrators of their own store PLUS other existing stores.

Help would be much appreciated.
    This is not out-of-the-box or Etsy-like in any way. You do need to spend A LOT of time reading forums, etc. And each day I lose setting this up, i am not making any money!

• aristath

the search bar width - I cant for the life of me find how to add width to the header search bar.

Try adding this CSS:

div#searchbar #searchform input[type="text"] {
      width: 350px;
    }

your suggestion re the store picker is not working.

Actually it does... I just tested it!
    Have you set "Show shop picker?" to YES in the theme options?

In product posts, when a visitor clicks on a photo, it opens in a new page. Not good. I have lightbox activated but it only works for featured photo.

Try using this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-jquery-lightbox/ other users have reported it works fine for them.

Seller has to post a Featured Photo in order for one to appear in the homepage product grid. Not good. Why cant the code just pick the 1st photo from the post?

You can see how to do this on the post here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/daily-tip-how-to-automatically-set-the-featured-image-in-wordpress/ simply add that code to your theme's functions.php file.

Something's gone wrong here - when i add a new test account, I find that new sellers are automatically added as administrators of their own store PLUS other existing stores.

How exactly are you testing this? Are you manually adding admins? Or are you testing it as users will normally be registering an account and a new store? I tested this on my own installation and I did not encounter this issue...

This is not out-of-the-box or Etsy-like in any way. You do need to spend A LOT of time reading forums, etc. And each day I lose setting this up, i am not making any money!

Yes, it's not an etsy clone out of the box. It simply includes functionality that allows you to build your own etsy-like network of stores, while at the same time it gives you the freedom to configure it and build it however you like.

I hope that helps...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• whatsup

Thank you for your other replies - work in progress.

As for this problem :

I said :

You asked :
    How exactly are you testing this? Are you manually adding admins? Or are you testing it as users will normally be registering an account and a new store? I tested this on my own installation and I did not encounter this issue...

I am registering as a new member would. Cant understand why this is happening.
    Any ideas?
    (links to my site are above)

• aristath

Hello there!
    As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.