Need help about various things

Hello, I have just upgraded my account and I'll promise you that I'll open threads according to rules in future :slight_smile:, but now forgive me as beginner - I am listing my questions here.

- How to install wordpress admin panel instead of buddypress one? I mean admin panel like wordpress.com

- Some premium designs are not for blogs, but for something (no matter) another (for example support themes). I would like this themes to have their own plugins associated with them. To clarify - for example, when user chooses some blog design, he/she will have access to some plugins (which I (admin) choose)) and user, who uses support/faq theme will have access to plugins like FAQ, WP answers and so on. Is it possible and if it is, tell me how please..

- On the new blog, there should be activated some plugins, not all. Can I choose which plugins should be activated and which not? If it's possible, tell me how please.

- Here are so many plugins here, and I'd like to know if there some plugins which prevent other plugins from working correctly? (Which makes other plugins not work).

- BuddyPress is great way to collect sitewide information on main page, but is it also possible to do without BuddyPress? I mean, if I had just WordPress Network on simple theme (not buddypress), will I be able to collect sitewide data (like, recent posts from all/some blogs, recent comments etc.) on it or not?

- Is it possible "Wordpress.com Stats" plugin to work on one API key for every blog? If so, how?

- There are some empty area in "Easy Admin Area" at the bottom of pages, it isn't very important, but can I clear it?

- There are so many themes and plugins here, that many users may be confused while searching for their plugins or themes. It will be great if I could sort them with categories and sub-categories.

- Some themes (and I think - most of them) have icons "Fully internationalized" - does this mean, that I can translate them with .po file and when I upgrade them in future, their interface won't change? Same question about plug-ins.

----

This was all for now :slight_smile: Thank you and sorry for English (If I'd make any mistake)

Glad to join your fascinating community :slight_smile:

• DavidM

Hi kshengelia and welcome to WPMU DEV! Glad you're here!

Let's take a look at your queries!

- How to install wordpress admin panel instead of buddypress one? I mean admin panel like wordpress.com

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Are you maybe referring to the adminbar? If so, BuddyPress takes over the adminbar, so it wouldn't appear the same as that in regular WordPress.

- Some premium designs are not for blogs, but for something (no matter) another (for example support themes). I would like this themes to have their own plugins associated with them. To clarify - for example, when user chooses some blog design, he/she will have access to some plugins (which I (admin) choose)) and user, who uses support/faq theme will have access to plugins like FAQ, WP answers and so on. Is it possible and if it is, tell me how please..

You may be able to alter the themes with custom code to have plugins auto-activated with them, but it does involve custom coding, not something we can provide support for. But it can be done that way.

- On the new blog, there should be activated some plugins, not all. Can I choose which plugins should be activated and which not? If it's possible, tell me how please.

Sure, the New Blog Templates plugin was designed somewhat for that purpose.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

Also, Supporter can be used to auto-activate plugins as well.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter

- Here are so many plugins here, and I'd like to know if there some plugins which prevent other plugins from working correctly? (Which makes other plugins not work).

The only combination I can think of off the top of my head is CustomPress, Directory and Classifieds. Directory and Classifieds both use an integrated version of CustomPress so there may be some conflicts using them all together.

Other than that, we'll be happy to address any specific combinations you might have in mind.

- BuddyPress is great way to collect sitewide information on main page, but is it also possible to do without BuddyPress? I mean, if I had just WordPress Network on simple theme (not buddypress), will I be able to collect sitewide data (like, recent posts from all/some blogs, recent comments etc.) on it or not?

Sure, you can use the Post Indexer plugin along with any of the other plugins that make use of it.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer

- Is it possible "Wordpress.com Stats" plugin to work on one API key for every blog? If so, how?

I don't believe so. You may want to check with support on that plugin to be sure.

- There are some empty area in "Easy Admin Area" at the bottom of pages, it isn't very important, but can I clear it?

That plugin's actually undergoing some heavy development actually and we'll be happy to take a look with you on that through a feature request, if you'd like to post it to that forum.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions

- There are so many themes and plugins here, that many users may be confused while searching for their plugins or themes. It will be great if I could sort them with categories and sub-categories.

The menus on the site here are meant to provide somewhat of a categorization of the plugins and themes here. Apart from that, the only other way I could think to do that would be to use the built in search or filter features in WordPress.

- Some themes (and I think - most of them) have icons "Fully internationalized" - does this mean, that I can translate them with .po file and when I upgrade them in future, their interface won't change? Same question about plug-ins.

Generally yes! There may be special cases such as major upgrades, but I've not seen those present any notable changes with translation files myself.

Hope this helps!

-David

• kshengelia

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Are you maybe referring to the adminbar? If so, BuddyPress takes over the adminbar, so it wouldn't appear the same as that in regular WordPress.

Yes, that's what I mean exactly. Thats unfortunate, but if I disable buddypress admin bar will WordPress admin bar start working?

You may be able to alter the themes with custom code to have plugins auto-activated with them, but it does involve custom coding, not something we can provide support for. But it can be done that way.

OK, understood.

Sure, the New Blog Templates plugin was designed somewhat for that purpose.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template
    Also, Supporter can be used to auto-activate plugins as well.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter

Thanks, I have understood it too.

The only combination I can think of off the top of my head is CustomPress, Directory and Classifieds. Directory and Classifieds both use an integrated version of CustomPress so there may be some conflicts using them all together.

Other than that, we'll be happy to address any specific combinations you might have in mind.

Thanks, now I can start working without fear.

Sure, you can use the Post Indexer plugin along with any of the other plugins that make use of it.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer

That plugin's actually undergoing some heavy development actually and we'll be happy to take a look with you on that through a feature request, if you'd like to post it to that forum.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions

OK, I will post.

The menus on the site here are meant to provide somewhat of a categorization of the plugins and themes here. Apart from that, the only other way I could think to do that would be to use the built in search or filter features in WordPress.

Sorry, maybe I've missed those plug-ins.

Generally yes! There may be special cases such as major upgrades, but I've not seen those present any notable changes with translation files myself.

Fascinating.

Hope this helps!

-David

Of course it does, thank you so much!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.