Need help customizing the user experience...

Hello,
As it is now, when you visit the Membership page and wish to become a member, you are asked to "Select a Subscription" seeing as we only have one subscription, how do I change this copy? I can't find it in any of the CSS.

When you click "Sign Up" you are brought to the Register page. Once you register, the page reloads but we need to direct it to a new page... a page that is protected to non-members ( http://bookwormsports.com/site/weekly-stats/ )

Also... we have chosen the PayPal Express Gateway... but the user is never directed to PayPal during the registration process. We are offering 2 weeks free, and then, if they haven't cancelled their membership, they get charged $2.49 per week for access to the Weekly Stats page... so how do we address this?

And one last thing, return users are prompted to "login" buut that only brings them to a generic WordPress login page that in no way reflects the site's design. And when they login, instead of being taken to the protected content ( http://bookwormsports.com/site/weekly-stats/ ) they are brought to the admin section of their WordPress user... this is completely confusing for the end user. See attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance!
S.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @KerplunkDesign

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

As it is now, when you visit the Membership page and wish to become a member, you are asked to "Select a Subscription" seeing as we only have one subscription, how do I change this copy? I can't find it in any of the CSS.

This can be changed by creating a translate/editing the labels in the included .po, .pot files in membership > membership includes > languages.

When you click "Sign Up" you are brought to the Register page. Once you register, the page reloads but we need to direct it to a new page... a page that is protected to non-members ( http://bookwormsports.com/site/weekly-stats/ )

In membership > options > membership pages, do you have a welcome page set? As this is the page it should direct to once registered :slight_smile:

Also... we have chosen the PayPal Express Gateway... but the user is never directed to PayPal during the registration process. We are offering 2 weeks free, and then, if they haven't cancelled their membership, they get charged $2.49 per week for access to the Weekly Stats page... so how do we address this?

Can I get a screenshot please of your subscription setup? :slight_smile:

And one last thing, return users are prompted to "login" buut that only brings them to a generic WordPress login page that in no way reflects the site's design. And when they login, instead of being taken to the protected content ( http://bookwormsports.com/site/weekly-stats/ ) they are brought to the admin section of their WordPress user... this is completely confusing for the end user. See attached screenshot.

There is a in built login widget with membership, do you think that would work for you? Then that way they could stay on the front-end :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• KerplunkDesign
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Jack!
    I'm still having some difficulty...

This can be changed by creating a translate/editing the labels in the included .po, .pot files in membership > membership includes > languages.

I made the changes to the doc "membership.po" and the same text is still displaying as before. See attached.

• KerplunkDesign

In membership > options > membership pages, do you have a welcome page set? As this is the page it should direct to once registered :slight_smile:

Once you have registered, you should be directed to the Thank You page (see attached screenshot of settings)... but it doesn't bring you there... it reloads the same page as I had said before. Here is the link to the Thank You page that never appears:
    http://bookwormsports.com/site/thankyou/

• KerplunkDesign

There is a in built login widget with membership, do you think that would work for you? Then that way they could stay on the front-end :slight_smile:

That sounds perfect. How do I activate it? I haven't seen it in any of the Membership settings...

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there, @KerplunkDesign

I made the changes to the doc "membership.po" and the same text is still displaying as before. See attached.

Did you use a tool such as poedit and translate the strings, then export the po file? :slight_smile:

Once you have registered, you should be directed to the Thank You page (see attached screenshot of settings)... but it doesn't bring you there... it reloads the same page as I had said before. Here is the link to the Thank You page that never appears:
    http://bookwormsports.com/site/thankyou/

Hmm, do the subscriptions get added to the members, as before when I've seen this, the subscriptions weren't actually added to the members.

See attached:

Thanks, that all looks correct, I've flagged the lead developer on this for you, as that should be happening :slight_smile:

That sounds perfect. How do I activate it? I haven't seen it in any of the Membership settings...

Should be in appearance > widgets :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hiya @KerplunkDesign

Hope your well today and having a nice weekend :slight_smile:

The login widget doesn't appear in Firefox browser. It does appear in Safari. Is there a fix for this?

Hmm, On my test site it's working for me, could you provide me with a link to your site please? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @KerplunkDesign

The login widget doesn't appear in Firefox browser. It does appear in Safari. Is there a fix for this?

It will appear if you view your site as visitor. There is no sense to show login widget to already logged in users.

Once you have registered, you should be directed to the Thank You page (see attached screenshot of settings)...

Once you have registered, you should be directed to subscription plans page where you need to buy a subscription. After buying it, you will be redirected to the Thank You page.

Eugene

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.