Need help edit upload size php file

Hello

I am learning to use wordpress and thanks to Upfront it's very easy to use and i can finally build my dream website. In order for me to fully use upfront builder, i need to upload to my wordpress which i downloaded onto my pc, it uses webmatrix which i can run my wordpress blog and everything fine. problem i have no clue how to edit the php ini file, i need help and figure out how i can increase it so i can fully use upfront.

I need help to edit the edit.php file that is in ini format and that's the fix from what i've researched

• Nithin

Hi Robin Khammo,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

To edit your php.ini file, the file is most probably located inside your root directory. The root directory is where your /wp-admin, /wp-includes folders reside.

If you don't see any php.ini file located in there, you'll have to create a php.ini file inside your root directory, and add the following rules to it:
    For eg:

upload_max_filesize = 128M
    post_max_size = 256M
    memory_limit = 512M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 180

Where upload_max_filesize is the value I suppose you want to change, you can also increase post_max_size which is the limit of the entire body of the request, and it should be higher than upload_max_filesize.

Please do note that both these values shouldn't be larger than memory_limit. If you want to add a bigger values for upload_max_filesize, and post_max_size, and it exceeds the memory_limit, then you'll have to make sure to increase the memory_limit too.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.