Need help flipping current website into a wordpress teme and new hosting

Hi there!

I am working for my client, Kathryn, who just bought this package to install a new wordpress theme and switch her hosting.

I need to know the steps I need to take, what I need from you guys in order to install her new theme and get her going with your plugins and support.

It says there is a 1 minute click install, it would be great if we can do this for this theme: http://themetastic.com/wordpress/?wptheme=Business%20Feature

We do need to switch the hosting though, is this provided or should we set it up on another server like godaddy?

Also, are the themes totally customizable with colors ect as I read through this theme and it didnt really say.

Thanks for your help!

Jannine
jannine.aura@gmail.com

• Zyniker

I'm not entirely certain what you're asking about insofar as hosting is concerned. If your client already has hosting with some provider, you should be able to install WordPress on that hosting and be just fine (assuming, of course, that it's a LAMP or comparable setup).

As for theme customization, you should be able to accomplish almost any amount of customization using CSS. I'm sure that people on this forum will be able to help you with at least some of it if you're able to provide a link to the site and some specifics on what you'd like changed and how you'd like it changed.

• aecnu

Greetings Jannine,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I am trying to figure out from the information supplied what it is you are indeed trying to do.

I checked out the site and the Business themes page is indeed displaying on the URL given and is this on the old host/site? And is this s transfer or rebuild?

Custom colors can be enforced through css and with that in mind please be sure that the theme is indeed installed in the proper Parent/Child relationship as I have outlined here.

Regarding the host the Go Daddy configuration is not a good environment for WordPress sites and the fight will be long and tiring - which is indeed due to the way they have configured their servers and they are not WordPress centered nor providing WordPress centered hosting.

There are indeed better choices.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• phillcoxon

Hi there.

Sounds like you're pretty new to WordPress?

Many hosting companies (particularly cpanel based companies) do have a 1 click installer for wordpress which will install the core WordPress software.

From there you will need to install a theme and configure it.

If you have an idea that you'll be able to install a theme and have a site up and running instantly like the demo page you gave above then that's generally not the case. Most themes still need to be fully configured, content added, sidebars and menus set up etc.

As far as hosting I'd recommend staying away from GoDaddy. My suggestion would be to grab a "Baby" hostgator account.

Sounds to me like you may need some one on one help to get started? If that's the case please feel free to drop me a line directly.

• aecnu

Greetings Jannine,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.