Need help in configuration of plugin

Hi i installed events + on my buddypress installation. I want help on getting it configured. I looked to the setting but its to complicated. Yes one thing i dont want to keep any payment on this as of now. Also i want event should be self serviced. User can create there event according to categories defined and can share accordingly with other user who there as friends or can share to whole site etc.. as they like and want to share.

Also user can create event.. modify event.. delete event... can send invitation to there friends .. etc settings.. Also one event tab should be there on the home page..

• Timothy Bowers

I want help on getting it configured. I looked to the setting but its to complicated.

Which part was complicated, was it the wording?

What were you not understanding, if you want to post the options which confuse you I can advise further.

Yes one thing i dont want to keep any payment on this as of now.

Sorry I don't get what you mean?

Also i want event should be self serviced. User can create there event according to categories defined and can share accordingly with other user who there as friends or can share to whole site etc.. as they like and want to share.

You could look at something like Floating Social:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/floating-social/

If they are to have their own Paypal details and settings then you should setup a multisite so they have those settings within their own events site.

Also user can create event.. modify event.. delete event... can send invitation to there friends .. etc settings.. Also one event tab should be there on the home page..

Where a tab appears is down to your theme.

For inviting you'd need to use an invite type plugin.

I covered the creating, editing thing in my comment about multisite. Of course if you give them a contributors role in your main site they can submit and edit their own.

Take care.

• bhavin_patel

@Timothy

Hi i hope i was not able to make u understand clearly. let me explain little bit in depth.

I installed the Event+ plugin. Now what i want to do is :

1. User should be able to create there events can publish there events to groups with whom they are member, with other users who are there in his friend list, social shareing ( this you already told to us social plugin) etc as they want and like to share and publish event. Even user should be able to modifiy there event, can edit there event, can delete his event. But yes should not able to delete, modify, edit other user events.

2. Regarding payment i want to say that on my site there will be no payment option. Payment module is wht i dont want. Only event should be created and person can attain that event and can join that event thats it. If some user is hosting payed event then payment would be done separately by what other way user like to do but not on this site. On this site user can only promote and publish his event to get best prospective. So i want to disable payment module as of now. Ok in future if some business need arise we can activate it no issues.

3. Even after doing setting and saving and activating event plugin i am not able to see any thing related to event on front end website. no link, no menu, no widget nothing. so just i want to know then how event is used. how users will know that there is some feature like event is there on website. how the created events get published on website. please guide. Yes at back end in my admin account i have event tab on left hand side bar of dash board but nothing on front end for users.

4. I have also installed google map plugin. by going through brief document of event+ plugin i came to know google map plugin can be integrated for location. I have also check on back end by just creating event map is active on location field. But i want to know how this map will be visible on front end for user.

Hope i was able to make your self comfortable for was able to explain my issue.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again

1.From their BuddyPress group they can create their own events if they have access.

If they have the appropriate role and access then they will be able to add, edit and delete their own.

2. Sure just don't use the Paypal options. :slight_smile:

3. By default the events slug is /events/ so it would be domain.com/events/ You can change that from your settings page.

You can create them from the BuddyPress groups page.

In the settings you can also enable the Front End Editor:

Admin --> Events+ --> Settings

/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=incsub_event&page=eab_settings

Whilst both plugins are active, if you set the postal code/address then from the front end the map will display for them.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.