Need help installing and doing initial setup of Membership 2 Pro *today*

Hello,
Hoping there is someone at hand to install and setup Membership 2 Pro today. I've been waiting hours for responses to two other topics to do with other aspects of this, but really need to get going.

I believe rather than setting up a staging site I would like to try installing and setting up M2Pro work as I did recently with MemberPress and s2member (the plugin I tried and the plugin I've used for five years). In the sense that I could set everything up on the new plugin while it was not activated, then deactivate s2member/activate M2Pro..see how things looked and if they worked...and basically switch back and forth? Then my site would only unavailable to my members while I was looking around and testing registrations (and they were alerted to expect some down time). Would this work?

I would just upload M2Pro myself and experiment, but there seems to be some code I would have to add to really begin, from the reading I've done today. For reference, I have a main site that is entirely protected now with s2member. I want to use M2Pro to protect it and the subsite I have created and use memberships to allow access to either the main site or both-depending upon the membership. No fancy protection needed or dripping or anything like that. All content in each site needs to be protected, except for the necessary public registration page.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello lesley,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I would strongly suggest setting up a staging site anyway or otherwise you may need to accept that the site may be unprotected during setting that up. That is because you cannot configure the plugin that's not active and all the settings that you do with active plugin take immediate effect.

With other "membership-kind" plugin that may lead to some unexpected results and/or conflicts that can be difficult to troubleshoot. Using a staging site would let you fully configure and test Membership 2 Pro before deciding whether to "make a switch" on a live site.

As for installation. I understand that you wish to use it on a Multisite WordPress to protect all sub-sites from a "central" setup. The initial setup would be like this:

1. Edit the "wp-config.php" file of your site and add this line:

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

It should be located above the "/* That's all, stop editing..." line.

2. Go to the "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Plugins" page in your site's back-end and use it to install and enable Membership 2 Pro.

It will be activated in a "network-wide" mode and you'll then be able to create your Memberships, setup payments if necessary and setup protection rules. We can assist you with that once you got Membership 2 Pro installed if you come across any issues during that process.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• lesley

Hello Adam,
    I appreciate your thoughts and understand that M2Pro works a bit differently than what I am used to.

So, are you able to help me create this staging site? I asked the same question in another ticket hours ago, but have yet to receive a response.

From what I've researched, I would need my site backed up and something like Cloner installed and setup? I believe I have a backup plugin in my admin, but haven't used it. My webhost takes care of these things for me but doesn't work on the weekends.

Happy to send any credentials needed and I've already granted access days ago.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.