Need help just doing one example with shortcodes

I’m probably a little slow to pick this up, but I really don’t understand how to make the shortcodes do what I want.

I have one class, it’s 2 hours long, and it only meets once a month.

I’ve set the class to 120 minutes

I’ve set the service provider’s availability to only that time, for that class.

Now how do I show/allow users to book for that class only, for months in advance?

I’m sure if I can see how this is done, I can figure out the rest.

All help is appreciated.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings StarchaserHealingArts,

Sorry to see that you are having some difficulty getting your head wrapped around using shortcodes and shortcodes themselves just display wherever placed pre-programmed material.

So the statement how to make the shortcodes do what I want is not really valid to the shortcodes themselves but to the programming they represent with the exception of placement.

However, to start with our system indicates that you are not running the latest version of the plugin version 1.2.3

Considering the length of the change log for version 1.2.3 this is the place to start and then work forward from there.

Now how do I show/allow users to book for that class only, for months in advance?

I believe you would want to use the Exceptional working days, e.g. a specific Sunday you decided to work for that specific service provider and making working hours no for all other days in the working time area.

Please advise if this indeed does the job for us.

Cheers, Joe

• StarchaserHealingArts
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Can you give me just an example shortcode using the different parameters? That’s what I really need. To understand how to format them.

Also, how can I set the time to display a 2 hour class? When I apply the shortcode it shows every time in 30 minute increments and stops at 5. The class is at 7:30 and that time doesn’t even display.

So my problem is, how do I show that one class, for it’s only time, one day a month?

I know it says use provider_ID, but how?

Like this [app_service_providers provider_ID=”1″]?

Like this [app_service_providers provider_ID1]?

Amazing how there is so much information on the different possible parameters, yet not one example of usage.

If someone will just show me one example, I can probably figure out the rest.

I’ll update right now, thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings StarchaserHealingArts and Hakan,

@hakan No problem Chief – thank you for your assist and it is a pleasure as always.

@starchaserhealingarts It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.