Need help making a "theme gallery"

Howdy,

I’m on a mission, and I need some help. I want to make a “theme gallery” (take a look at http://www.elegantthemes.com/gallery/) to see what I’d like to recreate. Essentially, I’m hoping for a system that builds a gallery of thumbnails from all my themes, allows people to get more information about the theme, see a bigger version of the thumbnail, or activate the theme in a preview mode.

This seems to be pretty standard functionality out in the Interwebz, but I’ll be danged if I can find instructions for how to build it. I’d really appreciate any help anyone can send my way.

Thanks!

-aj

• theaj42
    • Flash Drive

Hi Rozani,

Thanks for replying! I already have a theme I’m developing, and it has a nice-looking gallery page, too. Are you saying that one of the themes you mentioned has the functionality I’m looking for? I took a quick look, but didn’t notice that. I’ll take another look and see if I missed something.

I was kind of hoping to get help with figuring out how to get the thumbnails of all my themes into the gallery I already have and adding some links, etc. to them. Another good example of this is wpmudev’s own http://themetastic.com/.

Thanks!

-aj

• theaj42
    • Flash Drive

Oh, one more thing (since I’m askin’ :slight_smile: ): I’d really like to find a way to pull theme thumbnails in automatically, since I’m offering (currently) nearly 150 themes with plans to add more in the future.

Thanks!

-aj

• rozani
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi theaj42,

There a lot of ways to do auto thumbnail. Such as Timthumb, I think Timthumb is invulnerable right now but in the future might be vulnerable again. Other like, get the image plugin or catch the image plugin.

Not least, you try to create the thumbnail manually, the smush.it!

Wow. You must be already developed a lot of theme. I also developed a lot of theme but only as personal hobby but not for sale.

I currently trying to setup a site to sell wordpress theme. I have adapt many framework including html5, responsive theme and the latest twitter bootstrap.

Lets work together!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings AJ :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

The suggestions offered by riyaku and rozani both offer possible workable solutions which at this point leave nothing to add unless you get hung up with a specific trying to incorporate them.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.