I had an issue today where my site sometimes would not load at all, or other times I was able to get it to load, but it was much slower than usual. I don't know of any changes I made since Saturday when I last looked at the site and it seemed to load correctly.
I spent a significant amount of time with GoDaddy tech support they were not able to find any real issue that would prevent the site from loading, but they recommend two sites where I could analyze my site for load optimization - websiteoptimization.com and gtmetrix.com.
I ran reports from both sites on the home page and I've attached copies of the results from both.
My first concern is that my customers will be annoyed at a slow loading site, but I'm also worried that my SEO will be hurt by a slow load and I won't able to make it to the top of the first page.
Can you please guide me as to how I should speed up my site and ensure it will always load?
From the websiteoptimization.com report:
1. It says I have too many objects. I'm surprised by this. Is it referring to menu items as well as images within my rev slider? I have not even added the video yet.
2. It says the size of the page is too large. I've not even added the video yet.
3. It says I have too many external scripts.
4. It says my image size is too big
5. It says my script size is too big.
From the GT Metrix, I have a number of issues as well.