Need help pointing Domain to WPMU Dev Hosting

I have a website hosted on WPMU DEV Hosting but I need help in pointing my domain name pointed to the WPMU DEV Hosting account.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Nil,

Please follow those instructions here https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/hosting/dns-and-domain-management/
    I have checked DNS for your domain and it doesn't have set up for A, CNAME and AAAA records, so it will not point to WPMU DEV Hosting.

Those records need to be changed as described in the documentation. There are examples for the popular hostings, but they should work similarly in other ones.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nil
    • New Recruit

Thank you, Kasia.
    I have already gone through the mentioned link and tried the possible way and reverted back to the previous state.
    Here is the current scenario, I have a domain (tested.com) and domain control panel where I can use nameserver (ns1.tested.com or ns2.tested.com) to point to the domain hosted in WPMU. Using Child nameserver feature of Domain control panel, I can point ns1.tested.com and ns2.tested.com to the IP (XX:XX:XX:XX ) provided by WPMU hosting. Screenshot of the Domain Control Panel is attached below.

Now, how can I point this domain (tested.com) to the WPMU hosting (tested.wpmudev.host)? Do I need to use the third server to set DNS for pointing tested.com to the WPMU hosting?
    And I am not able to upload a file greater than 128 MB size in Wordpress. The screenshot is attached below. How can I resolve this issue?

Looking for a quick response.
    Regards,
    NIL

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Nil,

We don't provide NS server for WPMU DEV hosting. You need to use A record, CNAME (if possible, not all hosting providers will allow for that) and AAAA record. You need to get to DNS Zone Editor where you will have all the records listed, similar to the screenshot above:

if you are not sure where that DNS editor is in your panel please contact your Domain Registrar or tell me who it is and I will try to look for a guide for you.

And I am not able to upload a file greater than 128 MB size in Wordpress. The screenshot is attached below. How can I resolve this issue?

That is limit setup on the server level. I'm checking with our sysadmins if we can raise this limit, but in the meantime, you should be able to upload bigger files with FTP/SSH.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nil
    • New Recruit

Hello Kasia,

I have some domain that doesn't provide ANAME record instead only gives the option to set Nameserver. In that case, what will be the method to point the domain to WPMU DEV hosting?

And, In addition to that, I would like to know how to configure domain from PublicDomainRegistry.com to point to WPMU DEV hosting.

Have you checked if it is possible to upload a file greater than 128 MB size in Wordpress? I don't want to use FTP as I will be using a plugin to migrate running WordPress website from another hosting instead of manually configuring website from FTP.

Thank You

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Nil,

The only way to point the domain to the WPMU DEV Hosting is to use records mentioned above.
    If you are not able to find the place where you can set up those records please contact your domain registrar so they can point you where it can be done.
    In some cases, it is possible that you will need first use Nameserver of the registrar and then you will get an option to set up other records.

Also, PublicDomainRegistry.com doesn't provide public support or FAQ, so you will need also contact them asking if it possible to edit records and where.

Have you checked if it is possible to upload a file greater than 128 MB size in Wordpress? I don't want to use FTP as I will be using a plugin to migrate running WordPress website from another hosting instead of manually configuring website from FTP.

There is no option to increase this limit for files at the moment. What type of plugin are you going to use to migrate site? Usually, those plugins are not sending one big file for migration, so this limit doesn't affect them.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.