Need help Problem with Multi Domain

Hi can you help iv installed Multi Domains however when i add a new Domain Name the use it for a new site it gives me error message >>>>>>>>>> Page Not Found - 404 Error Page
The page you are looking for (http://mysite.com/pro-sites/test/wp-admin/) is not here.

How do i fix this please see screenshot !!!

There is access to my admin for another 2 days if you wanna go in and fix ???

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Carl,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question.

Domain Mapping doesn't work well when you have a multi-site install in a subfolder. The reason being is for Domain Mapping to work, the IP address of the domain will need to point to the subfolder of the TLD and not the TLD. This is going to cause issues with A records. For domain Domain Mapping to work correctly, your multi-site install needs to be in the domain's root folder (ex: multisite.tld/) and all sub-sites need to be mapped as so:

subsite.tld -> multisite.tld/subsite/

Also, you need to make sure your multi-site install has a static (dedicated IP). Otherwise, if your host decides to change the IP address of your server, all mapped domains will break.

I hope this clears things up a bit. Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.