Need help putting two weather widgets beneath the main slider in front page.

I created the sidebar and I put 2 weather widgets in. Is it possible to place this on the homepage right beneath the slider (or in The slider but but I don’t think that’s possible)?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello MOSHE

I hope you’re having a nice day!

I don’t think you could easily put that on the slider without at least custom CSS (but that wouldn’t really give good results) but it should be possible to put them below it. I notice that you got both Elementor and Visual Composer on site – theoretically, both could help – but both of them and also classic editor and Gutenberg were used to edit pages on site.

This is a bit of a “mix” so I didn’t risk editing the site yet as I could easily break something using wrong editor. Can you tell me please which one should I use for the homepage (which one are you using)?

I’ll then access the site again and check what could be done to put those widgets where you want them.

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi MOSHE,

I'm sorry to ask this, but are you sure that this was built with Visual Composer editor?

I'm asking this because when I enter the Visual Composer mode I don't see the slider and I don't have any options to add the content there, so it actually looks to me that this was created with Elementor.

And actually, it looks like widget element is already added by Elementor and all that is left is to select the Weather sidebar that you have created.

So if you enable Elementor builder on your homepage, you can click on Edit icon for the Widget element, select Weather sidebar and that should do the trick:

Since you mentioned that the page was built with Visual Composer and not Elementor I didn't want to make this change myself in case that I'm wrong.

So before making this change I would suggest creating a backup of your site in case that anything gets affected in Visual Composer while making changes with Elementor.

Best regards,

Predrag

• MOSHE
    • Flash Drive

Hi I would like to put the atlas weather (not Awesome Weather) on this page vtgetaway.com/new-main-page (This page was built with Elementor) but not with a widget (Because I want this to be on the homepage which doesn’t allow widgets ) would you be able to take a look at this https://wordpress.org/plugins/weather-atlas/#faq and put it on the page directly under the slider with shortcode And if it’s possible 1Weather should be for Lakewood New Jersey and the other one should be for Killington Vermont access is enabled

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Moshe,

I have added a shortcode element and the shortcode for the weather widget but since the widget itself has a lot of options this is something that you will need to configure on your own and adjust it to your needs and liking.

Let me explain what I did.

First thing I did is I created new sidebar in Appearance > Widgets panel, you will not need to use this anywhere but I had to create it in order to get the Atlas plugin shortcode, that's how the plugin works.

So now in Appearance > Widgets I have added Atlas widget, and you can add more if you wish to have more of them:

Now open the widget options and select your destination and all the other options that you want to use:

In there you will also see the shortcode that you need to place on the page, note that below the shortcode there's "Shortcode – All options" link that will expand all the shortcode available attributes that you can further adjust:

After you have your shortcode attributes ready you can fire up Elementor on the desired page and add the Shortcode element:

Paste your shortcode in the shortcode field and that should be it:

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.