Need help setting up my account

Hi,

I am new to WPMUDEV

I had used it earlier but since we were changing the theme to a custom designed theme I had waited till we were ready to move here.

We have moved to the new theme and we purchased the WPMU Dev account .

I need some help with setting up Performance, Caching and also SEO.

We are a news website, so we cannot have a static setup for caching.

Also, we had an issue with Yoast not working with your setup.

I would really appreciate any help with the setup of your SEO.

Thanks

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Asghar,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'd take a couple of steps here that I think should help:

1. First, before you go into any optimization steps, make absolutely sure that the site is up and running exactly as you want it to; if you find that there's some development work still to be done, do it before anything else;

2. Once #1 is complete, start with image optimization. Our WP Smush Pro plugin will help you with that. It's a "small step for human but a big step for server resource preservation" and important for performance and Google PageSpeed Insights score.

3. Then I'd go for some SEO optimization with SmartCrawl. You can run it's "SEO Scan" and it will suggest what should be done to the site:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/smartcrawl-wordpress-seo/

4. Next step would be to optimize JS/CSS file handling. The Hummingbird plugin is made for this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-hummingbird/

Once you install it, start with enabling "Minification" option. If, at this step, your site breaks, please get back to us and we'll assist you.

5. Then enable GZIP compression and browser caching in "Hummingbird" too.

After all that is done, install W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache or Batcache plugin and enable it. Please tweak settings of these plugins so JS/CSS minification, gzip compressiona and browser caching would be disabled there.

That all together - implemented in that order - should have a nice "boost" effect on the site. On top of this, you might consider implementing a CDN like e.g. CloudFlare. Hummingbird includes CloudFlare integration so it will play well with it.

If you have any additional questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam