need help troubleshooting weird article tag height problem

I've got a site in dev and have some custom post styling for the blog page. The theme is built on _s and for whatever reason my articles are adding extra height, but in Chrome developer and Firebug no height is being set.

The page: http://www.nancydsolomon.com/dev/the-solomon-factor-blog/

• Imperative Ideas

You've got some broad CSS margin definitions causing all of the extra space. For example, your margin above the footer is here:

.blog #primary .entry-content {
       margin: 0 0 30px;
    }

Having the margin defined on both the entry and the blog ID is tacking 30px on the bottom of both (see image).

The next 30px after that is being caused by another DIV, though I haven't sussed out which one. You have all of the margin you need here:

.blog #primary article {
    background: none;
    padding-left: 22px;
    margin: 20px 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    }

Unfortunately, it looks like you crafted the CSS as you went instead of planning it and that you may have gotten a bit lost along the way with revisions. It used to happen to me all the time when I was first working professionally.

I'll tell you what my friend who is a lead UX person at Hot Studio told me: "If you can't fix it, start the CSS over again"

I know it's not what you want to hear but that's often the best solution.

You may be able to fix this but you've got stray margins all over the place between the classes that got inherited from your framework template and the stuff you've added yourself.

• aecnu

Greetings Shannon Mac and Ian,

@Imperative Ideas (Ian) thank you for seeing what apparently I did not which is truly appreciated that you have pointed out what I could not figure out to be the issue.

Some well deserved rep points sent your way.

@Shannon Mac it appears though I could not see what you were referring and therefore not looking at the code, Ian indeed spotted the issue being css. Please make the applicable adjustments to your css where needed.

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.