Need help with avatars on jobs & experts

Hi can you help im having a problem with the avatars on jobs and experts when a user tries to upload avatar it says ( you dont have permissions to upload avatar ) how do i solve this problem thanks !

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @carl

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

For security, now you need to configure which role can upload attachment & avatar in the backend. Please go to Settings-> Jobs Settings -> Attachments.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• carl
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @ashok im still having problems with jobs & expert iv done what you advised and checked all the options given however users still cant upload profile pic and also when a user tries to upload a pic there is already a pic there from a previous user can you please help, i have access granted to my admin up until the 23rd Feb please let me know if i need to extend this cheers !

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hey there @carl,

Hope you're well! :slight_smile:

I am correct on my guess that newly registered user don't have role that's why can't upload avatar ( or something happen ) as you can see here: http://prntscr.com/68bopw After I made my account as participant. I can now upload avatar as you can see here: http://prntscr.com/68bp5m.

So the problem here is the newly user don't get default role. Can you disable all plugins except Jobs & Experts then try to register as normal to see if the error still there.

Looking forward for your reply! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Calvin

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hey Carl,

I just logged in your site trying to fix the problem.

It seems you are having plugin and/or theme conflict with Jobs&Experts.
    When I was on the backend I was getting fatal errors from PHP,
    And in the frontend there is JavaScript conflicts, and the change avatar button it doesn't do anything for me.

Can you please run a plugin conflict test, as decribed in the flowchart on this page.
    Basically you will need to disable all the plugins and leave just Jobs&Experts, and then enable them one by one until you find the culprit.

Thanks,
    Ivan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @carl

I hope you are well today.

I have logged in successfully in your site, made a test account and when I logged in the site is not loaded any more.

Would you please check that? Also, share a link where I can test the avatar issue. I have already a new account so I can test with that, but make sure your support access is active too.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.