Need Help With Classifieds

Hi can you help im having problems with Classifieds not uploading images can you take a look and fix ???

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hi Carl,

When i use the set featured image on site nothing happens and when i use add media i just get a blank white popup !!!

I just tried for second time in the Test Classifield and I was able to add a second image through media library and change the featured image too.
    Having said that, can you please clear any caches that you might use, clear your browser's cache (you can find detailed information here http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/) and give it another try?

also iv answered other thread !!!

I'm heading to https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/iv in order to deal with a single error that I can see now. :wink:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

PS. I kindly remind you that posting multiple replies without getting an answer first, doesn't make the topic of higher priority, on the contrary, seems lower in our feed, so please try to be as descriptive as possible in a single reply. :slight_smile:

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Carl,

hope you're doing really good today! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I was unable to access your website through our support access system, although it seems that the granting period isn't expired. I'm being redirected to default login page.
    Can you please re-check that the support access is on and if you're using any extra security plugin for this cause, please disable until we fix these issues.

Even as a non logged in user, I tried to register in order to add a new classifield as you suggested, but I get the following error. This may comes from the same origin as my previous inability to use support access system.

Please deal with these issues so that I can continue debugging :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Dear Carl,

My site is backup and running and should be ok now !
    Also Access is on !

Thanks for sorting this out and re-granting us access. :slight_smile:

Ok i deactivated all plugins and im still facing same issue with classifieds please check !!!

I was unable to reproduce this issue in my sandbox installation with default theme (TwentySixteen). All front-end submission elements of Classifieds are working as expected.

I also noticed some errors in dev tools considering the Google Map API. A recent change that made in GMap API forces you to use an API key in order to use the map service.

I can't see where this GMap code comes from, hopefully this is what breaks the Classified submission forms. So, can you please try a plugin/theme conflict test as described in a nice flow chart here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/
    Well, in case you truly tried to deactivate all plugins, then do so again and revert your theme to default 2016. :wink:

Looking forward for your results on this!

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Carl
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Dimitris Jude

Ok we need to seriously sort out this Classifieds problem first im unable to upload any image please create fake email and try ! second when im logged into another account i dont have the ability to adda classified only view please can you look into both these problems im facing ???

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there,

we could really use some insights from you as I mentioned in my previous reply. Please go ahead and conduct a conflict test as described in a flow chart here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/ (just scroll down a bit)
    We could then get rid of the errors and see if this continues.

when im logged into another account i dont have the ability to adda classified only view

Can you please select the Author role for new members that comes through Classified registration? Then try to create a new user and see he can post a new classified.
    User roles and capabilities are explained here https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities :wink:

Thanks as always,
    Dimitris

PS. Is there a specific reason for pinging Jude here? Does he have any extra credential from your site?

• Carl

Hello Dimitris Jude

i did what you said and deactivated my plugins and ran the test switching to wp default theme but i kept getting error saying page not found so not sure what to do hence why i said for you to do the test your end i will leave plugins deactivated till i hear from you and switch back to my normal theme which you can change when you run the test its best if you do it as you know more what your doing cheers !

pS as for changing capabilities for new user to add classifieds i did this and same problem !!!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey,

as this test came up with an error I'd like you to provide some FTP credentials in order to have access to your server files. This way I would be able to enable debug, and quickly revert any downtimes due to 404 errors or anything.

As this is public forum, crawled by Google, you must send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -WordPress login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Then me and my colleagues will be able to proceed dealing with your issues and we'll post any update we have here in this thread. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Carl

Hi Dimitris
    Im having to rebuild my site because of another issue causing me problems so im wondering if i do this will this have problems for you and what your trying to do for me cause im starting over again on another server which will become the main site again so im wondering how this will effect you ?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Carl!

Since Dimitris is currently offline let me address your question :slight_smile:

As Dimitris decided that he needs to access your site directly - that's why he asked you for FTP credentials etc - he may need to work with core files (such as wp-config.php, .htaccess etc), plugin files and even database. This may interfere with that site rebuilding that you're about to perform so you could accidentally "get each other in a way" and this could result in quite unexpected issues.

I think it would be best to either "pause" troubleshooting of the issue until you rebuild the site and then get back to it if necessary or to continue working on it but using a staging site. A staging site should be an exact copy of your current site - preferably on the same server as well (e.g. in a sub-folder).

Which way we'd take, it's up to you. Let us know please what would you prefer and we'll stick to it :slight_smile:

In case you'd like to "pause", please take your time to rebuild your site and just let us know when you're done with it and ready to proceed. In case you decided to continue with staging site, please create it and sent Dimitris access credentials for it the same way you did recently with your current live site.

Have a nice day!
    Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Carl,

hope you're doing good and sorry for the late reply here.

There are some errors in your website as I already mentioned and I think is due to the "Contact Us page - Contact people LITE" plugin which use a Google Map API call (even though I can't see that you're using any). As the latest GMap API changes, you require to use a API key in order to connect with GMap service. Please proceed with instructions linked in plugin's settings page here

in order to get rid of any errors that may conflict with other plugins. We could test then if these issues continues and further debug them. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Carl,

if this is not much for you, and you can find a workaround with another plugin, then please do proceed by deactivating this, as it seems to still throw a JS error in console.

I hope that this is case here, otherwise I will keep up with debugging. :wink:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey again Carl,

I finally made to generate an error that can actual helps us.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hide' of null
     /wp-includes/js/media-views.min.js?ver=4.6

This is happening when I click the Add Media button for the first time, the second time I can only see an empty popup window instead of the media library.

As this is not a re-producable error in my end, a final step could be to proceed with another plugin/theme conflict test as described in a flow chart here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/, now that we deactivated the Contact Us plugin. Please do so and share your results here. :slight_smile:

After this, I will inform our dev team about this and hopefully they will provide us a solution.

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Carl

Ok Dimitris

What iv done is iv deactivated all plugins as suggested by the flow chart and im able to now see media in the popup instead of white page however when i use another account im still unable to add a classified even though i have all capabilities enabled so i have left all plugins deactivated so you can see for yourself !!!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Carl!

I accessed the site of yours and then:

- created myself a subscriber account
    - granted myself some classified credits in order to be able to post adds

I was able to add an ad from front-end. I can see that you other account is also a "subscriber" account however you may need to grant some classified credits as well to it as your Classifieds plugin is set to charge a credit for posting ads.

As for an image.

The image in-content works well. The issue is with a Featured Image though. First thing that I noticed is that you were using an e-mail hosted on your Google account (an e-mail inbox!) as a default image. That won't work as the plugin and nobody else except you have access to this content. I removed that URL from Classifieds settings so please use any image that's publicly available.

Just for further reference: you may have seen that image because you're most likely constantly logged in to your Google account on your devices. Visitors to the site however are not and that's why the image is not visible to them.

Second issue is setting selected Featured Image. I can see that I'm able to do this via back-end. I can also select and set an image via front-end while adding/editing an ad but although that image is shown during the process it doesn't seem to be saved. That said, I reviewed your site again and noticed that your current theme is using TimThumb library (it's an image manipulation library) which has been deprecated. In your theme it's supposed to affect featured images.

Therefore I'd suggest making a full backup of the site (both files and database) and then using theme's "Remove TimThumb" option ("Artificer -> Remove TimThumb" in site's dashboard). This is recommended anyway but we should then see if this is interfering with Featured Image.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Carl!

Are you saying i need to award credits in order for people to post cause im a bit confused with some of what you are saying ???

I'm just saying that the "Use Credits" option is one of the forms of "payment" and you enabled it on your Classifieds setup. It's also set to deduct "1 credit" payment for ad posting. Therefore in order to be able to post an ad a user has to own some credits (at least one credit).

These credits can be:

- given to user by admin (which I did for an account I created for testing)
    - can be automatically granted on signup; you could treat it as a "starting bonus" for newly signed up members (this can be set on "Classifieds -> Settings -> Payments" page -> "Use Credits" section -> "Signup credit"s option)
    - purchased by user

When you're testing adding ads using a user (e.g. subscriber) account you should either first grant yourself some credits as I did or act like a real user would: go to "My Classifieds" front-end page and click on "Purchase credits".

A note: I noticed that while I was typing it you disabled that option and now user is simply expected to make PayPal payment; that's another way to go of course;

I have also just now removed TimThumb !

Did this helped for "Featured Image"? Let me know please. I was about to test it but since you disabled "credits" option and the plugin is set to use PayPal in "Live" mode, I'm not able to do this (I'd need either credits enabled or PayPal in "Sandbox" mode).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Carl!

At "first glance" it seems to be fine now. However I still wasn't able to test that because it seems you did switch PayPal mode to "Sandbox" but didn't replace credentials in plugins settings. PayPal is using different sets of credentials for "Live" and different for "Sandbox" mode so using "live" credentials with mode set to "Sandbox" is causing an error - which is happening in this case.

You can create a sandbox accounts and credentials here:

https://developer.paypal.com/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Carl,

hope everything's going well for you today! :slight_smile:

I tried to inspect your website again but it seems that I have to be really patient with this.
    The /classifieds/add-classified/ page had 6.4 minutes to load DOM elements!

now also iv started to activate plugins

I'm pretty sure that some combination of your plugins causes this trouble. In order to able to able to debug properly the CF issues, I'd like you to de-activate again other plugins. After getting this to work, you should weight again your needs and wisely select the plugins we actually need. Then you should delete all others, and activate the ones you want one-by-one and each time inspect your site for any glitches. You should be able then to distinct a faulty combination and act accordingly. :wink:

With kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Carl!

The site seems to be working with reasonable speed for me. I can see however that you made quite a lot of changes to it since I recently visited it. I'm not sure what did you change though but now the Classifieds try to re-direct me to WooCommerce store, plus there's a lot of popups showing up and in general site seems to be looking a bit different.

That's perfectly fine though it's not recommended especially to make changes to plugin that's causing issues while we're troubleshooting it. I'm quite confused now on what's going on and it seems for me like starting from scratch.

That being said, please answer me these questions:

1. A user should pay for posting classified: they should pay directly via PayPal or, after all, purchase credits and use those?
    2. They should be able to both post Featured Image and add images to ad content, correct?
    3. Can I temporarily switch classifieds to my own PayPal sandbox account in order to set it up and test?
    4. Finally, can I make changes to Classifieds configuration on my own, without asking you first, in order to make it work?

I'm asking this to make sure that we're on the same site and to establish some sort of "common ground" on this. I'd also like to ask you to keep may user account on the site until we get it solved (then please remove it in case I didn't) and also please do not make any changes to the Classifieds and any changes that may affect classifieds while we're working on this.

I'm really sorry for inconvenience. I'd just love to make it work for you as fast as possible so you could start using it and go on with your site :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there @support689!

yes user should pay with paypal
    yes you can switch to your own paypal sandbox

I used my paypal sandbox credentials to further test this, but seems that the "Purchase ads" redirects to /checkout/ by default, but this is a page/slug already used by WooCommerce, which re-redirects to /cart/ page with a notification of emptiness. This can be surpassed if you change Woo's Checkout and Cart pages' slugs from /checkout/ and /cart/ to something like /store-checkout/ and /store-cart/.
    Please proceed with that, re-save your permalinks and post back here to further test the paypal's flow.

as for featured image and add image imnot sure if it should be both or one

I can't tell what changed recently, but I can now see the media library popup in both of these cases (I think that I uploaded a dummy image too). Can you confirm that this is resolved? This should be a plugin conflict, you've made it work again earlier, did you manage to narrow this down?

yes you can make changes to classifieds configurations

I didn't make any other change in there, apart from the default image, in where I erased your mail image (as Adam explained this was for your eyes only) and I used another one your your media library just for testing.

What I changed, was the default role for new registered users as it was set to 'Administrator' (this could had led in serious trouble as a new user could have full control of your site!) and I changed it to 'Subscriber'.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hi Carl,

I managed to get slugs saved please go ahead and try now and check for any other faults !!!

I just went ahead and used my PayPal's sandbox credentials in Classifieds->Settings->Payment Types->PayPal Settings. The payment flow can now be completed with success, so please go ahead and revert these with your "Live" ones. :wink:

In order to make subscribers to be able to post a new classified, I should enable the subscriber's capabilities not only in
    Classifieds->Settings->Capabilities
    but also in the settings of the actual classified custom post type in
    CustomPress-> edit the classifieds->Role capabilities settings

The only glitch now is the original empty popup when adding medias in new classifieds, although this sometimes happened to work for me (!!), without actual do something! :thinking:
    It's my firmly belief this is a plugin conflict, as you've managed to make this work in the past. So, now that we managed to get down to one issue, you should de-activate your plugins again and activate the ones you *really* want one-by-one and each time inspect your site for any glitches. You should be able then to distinct the faulty combination and act accordingly by finding alternatives. :wink:

With kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Carl

Dimitris

Hi iv figured out what plugin is causing the media popup to show white its a plugin called ( Beeketing For WooCommerce ) and im not really wanting to loose this plugin cause its quite cool do you know of any alternatives ???

It does show the media box sometimes so not sure what i can do ???

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Carl!

I'm not quite familiar with that plugin but I can see it's made of different modules. I understand that you found out that this is the plugin that's causing the conflict by disabling it but did you tried to track down which of the modules is causing it?

I wouldn't want to break your site so it'd be better if you would do this:

- switch off all the modules but keep plugin active
    - check if media popup works; if it does then
    - switch on one of the modules and check it again
    - repeat last step for each modules until it breaks

This should let you find out if this is a particular module of the plugin that's causing the issue. I installed the plugin on my test setup so I'd then get into details of it.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hi Carl,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I did this test and it was still showing white popup !!!
    can you let me know what you found out from your test site ???

I was able to replicate this conflict in a clean install with Classifieds, WooCommerce and Beeketing, even before installing any of its modules.

The first two errors are always there, the third one comes up whenever the "Add Media" button is clicked.
    As for the first two, I think that you should contact plugin's authors. I can see in my test installation that there's a JS file (https://cdn.beeketing.com/dist/js/front/loader/woocommerce.js?20160821) which throws these errors, one of them is a 404 (file not found) error for file https://files.beeketing.com/shop/MjFjNzE5N2JmMjZiZjhjNjdiZjE3ZDA2MTBmMzRhNDM=.js.
    I really can't tell though if this will resolve the media library issue. I wasn't able to resolve these errors without actually breaking the plugin itself!

Of course there's the alternative to try to replace these Beeketing's modules with other plugin(s).
    You may want to create a new thread about it in our Members area in order to get more feedback. :wink:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.