Need help with few issues with Smush.

Smush is all attachments have been smushed. But still getting few compressing alerts in Hummingbird test. Super-smush doesn't help either. Please help.

https://monosnap.com/file/htybBupHfit47TXY30qp9tnBEn7fFA

Another issue is directory smush didn't run at all and get this following error in the console. https://monosnap.com/file/7ZEYkQMNh1W0PPQkfnTovsb7jKI6a5

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Jason

I hope you're well today!

I realize that since this ticket was started, you've been on live chat with my colleagues Luis. He found out that those images are two reasons for those images being reported (I checked the site and I can confirm this):

1. some of them were processed already but would still need resizing; those are those images marked as "Compress and Resize" and it basically means that the image on the site is displayed inside a container that's smaller than the image itself.

2. some of these images are of sizes that are not registered with your site; when you upload image to WordPress, it automatically creates multiple additional images out of an original one and these images are of specified dimensions that are registered by the theme and some of the plugins that you're using.

However, if a given size is not registered, the Smush will not "see it". That would suggest that those images are "left overs" in that sense that most likely a theme or some plugin that was used in the past registered them. Once this theme/plugin was removed the image sizes got "deregistered" but the images are still there.

What you could do would be to try to register those missing sizes (see here) and that should make Smush "see" them and as a result, process them.

As for directory smushing. I understand that during the last chat you restored backup of the site. Is the error still happening during directory smushing? If so, would you tell me please which directory exactly I could try that on? I'll then access the site again and see what might be causing this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jason

Adam,
    Thank you for your detailed advice. The registering process described in the (see here) link you provided requires my adding code to files, something that I have not done myself, and which worries me. I am afraid I will mess up the entire css. Is there any way you would show me how to do that?
    As for the directory smushing, I am not sure which directories would be advisable to smush, and in any case, none of them is clickable in the pop-up that appears when asked to select. They are all greyed out. /Users/jason/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 5.37.00 AM.png

Jason

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Jason

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I think I could help you with both these things but it seems that support access to the site is no longer active and I'd need it to make sure about the sizes that should be added and to check that "not clickable folders' issues.

Could you enable support access again, please? Just to to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end, click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know here once it's done.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason

I apologize for the delay. We've been a bit "overloaded" with tickets recently (I suppose because of Black Friday and Cyber Monday mostly) and we're trying to follow up as soon as possible. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting.

I checked the site and it seems that the "registered sizes" issues has also been solved, most likely during one of the chats that you joined meanwhile. I can still see some images reported as needing to be resized though: this you can do directly in the Media Library by editing these images. When you visit the site's front-end, Snapshot should show you those images that has to be resized so you'd know exactly which ones are those and to what size they should be resized.

I think that doing this should solve the images issue entirely.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.