Need help with Hustle PopUp.

I'm trying to duplicate something from another website but I need help. This is what I'm trying to do... if you go to this page: https://www.tan****iza.com/your-elevator-pitch/ and click on the yellow box that says "Click here to download Tanya's Power Story Template & worksheet" - I'm trying to create a popup that looks like her's.

I have created a pop-up but need some help. And is it possible to have the button at the bottom like on Tanya's? Also, what dimension (width and height) the image needs to be?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Toolie

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the reference site and yours and I made some adjustments to the popup. I think it looks a bit closer to the example one now (by the way: the image is of 350px height now so if you want to replace it that'd be the horizontal size of it to use).

I'm not sure, however, about the "Download the worksheet" button. On the reference page it seems to act as a "submit" button for the form - so visitor provides the name and e-mail and clicking on that button submits the form.

On your popup, however, that button seems to be pointing to some URL on the site. Can you shed some more light how should that work, please?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Toolie

Hey Adam, thank you so much for your help so far. We are getting there! My ultimate goal would be to make mine look like the following attatchment, I attatched my current version as well. I can input the image myself but If the Headline font can be larger, and the name and email input can be integrated top to bottom instead of left to right that would be great. Also what again was the dimensions of the image in hers so I can match the dimensions when I add in my photo?

If you could help me replicate this in the "Commitment Checklist Darik" Pop up in wordpress it would mean so much to me.

Thank You

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Toolie,

Hustle doesn't have any "required" image size, it really depends on how you want it to look as you can further adjust the image from the Design options in your popup, if you want it like on your example attachment I can see that the image is there around 800x300 pixels.

I do see some differences from the example and your popup, like the download button being a separate one.

What I did is I created a new popup on your site, called "Commitment Checklist New", where I added the download text as text for submit button and then I added the download button in the confirmation message.
    I also added some CSS in order to make it look more like the provided example popup, so can you check that popup and let us know if that's what you wanted to do?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Toolie

Hey, for some reason when I preview the page and I click the blue image titled "Commitment Checklist" the pop up works, however if I click off the pop up, then click the blue image again, nothing happens. I would love for people to be able to see the pop up everytime they click it.

And then lastly yes was just figuring out how to duplicate the share part that Tanya has on her page on ours.

If there is a way these can work I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your help!

• Toolie

Still need help with these items please:

1. When I click "Get the checklist" on the popup the first time, it works. But if I click on it again, nothing happens. How can it work every single time someone clicks on it?

2. There is a scroll bar that serves no purpose in the popup. How can I make that go away?

3. On this page, https://www.tanyaaliza.com/your-elevator-pitch/ - if you scroll down, and click on her "Share on Facebook" link, we would like to be able to do that but we don't know what plugin she is using. Is that one of yours? We want to replicate Tanya's.

Thank you for your help. It is so appreciated!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Toolie,

Your response to Adam we while I was typing my response so I missed it, sorry about that.
    You can keep commenting just like your last post and both me and Adam will see your response, whoever is available sooner will check it out so no need to worry about that :slight_smile:

Hey, for some reason when I preview the page and I click the blue image titled "Commitment Checklist" the pop up works, however if I click off the pop up, then click the blue image again, nothing happens. I would love for people to be able to see the pop up everytime they click it.

Unfortunately, this is a bug in the plugin but it's being worked on for next release, so it will be fixed when new version is out.

1. When I click "Get the checklist" on the popup, nothing happens. It should be going to this link:
    https://enroll.darikalexander.com/webinar-registration2fzjh830

I just subscribed and it redirected me to https://enroll.darikalexander.com/challenge-optin-v1which is what https://enroll.darikalexander.com/webinar-registration2fzjh830 redirects to also when added directly to address bar, so it seems to me that this part is working fine, or am I missing something?

2. There is a scroll bar that serves no purpose in the popup. How can I make that go away?

Seems like this is caused due to font size adjustments in CSS, so I added a small CSS fix and you shouldn't be seeing the scrollbar anymore.

3. On this page, https://www.tanyaaliza.com/your-elevator-pitch/ - if you scroll down, and click on her "Share on Facebook" link, we would like to be able to do that but we don;t know what plugin she is using. Is that one of yours?

This is not done by any of our plugins and it actually looks like a custom solution.
    What you could do is use Social Sharing in Hustle and add Facebook share button that way.
    Only thing needed to be adjusted would be the image you want to use, and you can do that with some CSS like this:

.hustle-icon-squared.hustle-icon-facebook .hustle-icon-container {
        background: url(IMAGE_URL)!important;
        width: 268px;
        height: 50px;
    }

.hustle-icon-squared.hustle-icon-facebook .hustle-icon-container svg {
        display: none
    }

a.hustle-social-icon.hustle-social-icon-native.hustle-icon-squared.hustle-icon-facebook {
        border: none;
    }

You will need to replace IMAGE_URL in that code with your desired image for the button and adjust the width and height values to match those of the image you are using.

WordPress offers Custom CSS field inside Appearance > Customizer but if your theme disables this and it doesn't have its own CSS field you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Toolie

Thank you
    1. Do you know when the next version of the popup will be out so this issue will be fixed? If you don't know the exact date, do you know approximately? (2 weeks vs 2 months?)

2. I'm glad the redirect worked for you. Not sure why it didn't work for me. I'll try again.

3. I will also try your suggestion to use Social Sharing for the Facebook questio

Would you mind please leaving the ticket open until I can try it just to make sure I don't have anymore questions? I am so appreciative of all your help! I will definitely reply back to you...

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Toolie

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on the release. it should be coming soon as Hustle is one of our flagship plugins but I don't know exact date or a time frame. You might want to keep an eye on the roadmap though, you'll find it here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/roadmap/

Would you mind please leaving the ticket open until I can try it just to make sure I don't have anymore questions?

Of course! We leave closing/resolving tickets to Members so we're not going to close it. When you're ready, you can always mark it as resolved but even if you do, you can also get back to it later if necessary :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Toolie,

I wouldn't suggest refreshing page as workaround, but yes, popup will show again if page is refreshed.

Or can we also have the popup appear in another manner?

I'm not sure what you have in mind - but its possible to create multiple popups, so maybe creating one that opens automatically on page loading and then when its closed there is also one under button? Or maybe using slide in module to show it automatically after some time?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Toolie

Currently there's no option there to duplicate a popup but there's been a feature request for this and it's already on our "to do" list so it will be implemented in the plugin in future (most likely in 3.1 release but please note that I'm not 100% sure about release number yet).

As for now, I'm afraid that you'd need to create new each new popup manually. A "duplicate" option will, however, be added to the plugin in future.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.