Need help with new one-page site

I’m a virtual assistant, helping a client with a new website for her business.

My client wants something short and sweet; basically a one-page site. I chose the Hestia theme and customized the appearance with her site content — but can’t figure out the next step. When I go to Pages — there are no pages (except a sample). I’m stumped. Maybe I should have set up the pages with the content first (before adding this info in the Customize appearance area)?

As you can discern, I’m a WordPress newbie. Very experienced in Squarespace (maybe a bad word for some… but I know my way around). WP is like a foreign language — not a bad thing, but I really really really need a translator.

1. Need to know if I added the content in the wrong place (in theme’s Customize Appearance)

2. Need to know if I need to add a page/pages with the content — and if so, how do I see those in the theme?

3. Need to know how to publish.

FYI, I have been “on hold” with online support for almost an hour — it says I’m #1 in the queue with approximately 6 minutes to wait…. but it has been a verrrrrrrry long 6 minutes. So I am resorting to the support ticket route.

Looking forward to hearing from an expert soon — and thankful for any help you can provide.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Jan Thomas !

Hope you are having a great day!

Thank you for your queries. First of all, I have removed the screenshot with the login information as this is a public forum. I’d request you to refrain from posting the login credentials in the Support Ticket in future cases.

Sincere apologies about your wait time in the Live Chat queue, the duration prediction is unfortunately not always correct in some cases. However, I was able to see that you were finally able to get in and my colleague Abdul was able to help you with your above queries in the Live Chat session.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.