Need help with Pianino and or Upfront Where do learn

Since I am not very familiar with correct terminology in regards to exactly what I need help with, I can only describe what I need and am looking for, doing my best. I watched the 40 Videos regarding Wordpress and reviewed them all. I was able to set up a Multi Site Wordpress Network, install Jetpack, install your WPMU DEV Dashboard to include Anti-Splog, Snapshots, Branding, Smart Crawl and in addition various plugins that came with Jet Pack. I also one by one reviewed the WPMU DEV 140 Plugins that gave me working knowledge of what can be done (superpowers). My questions are a) how do I learn about using your thymes other than Trial and Error, b) can I use Wordpress Jetpack Plugins with your Thymes and are there any known issues, c) I was looking in the Panino Thyme Manager I did not see Arial, nor Tacoma but I did see them elsewhere; so the point of what I am after are there Videos on How to Use Upfront and or Panino? Please point me in the right direction. I have many other questions that take would up your time and capable of leaning to apply if I knew what documentation/videos I was after regarding your Thymes, As to what I can do and or not do; so I know my limitations going in. I am both a Newbie regarding Wordpress and WPMU DEV Tools. I have experience using JQuery, HTML5, CSS3 but limited because I used a WYSIWYG Desktop Editor and only had to change Code in a minimal degree (using snippets/copy-cut-paste). Sorry to be long winded, I am very excited about moving forward and taking it one hurdle, step and day at time. The help I need more than likely is available and sitting in front of me (so to speak) but I do not where to look regarding Thymes Thank you for your time in this matter, your help is needed and appreciated. James Jesus is Lord

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello James!

I hope you're having a nice day and thanks for your questions!

Since I am not very familiar with correct terminology...

Upfront is a theme (so called "parent theme") for WordPress but very specific one. It will not work on it's own and it needs another theme ("child theme"). Therefore you could consider Upfront a kind of "engine"/"front-end theme editor". It will work only with our themes though (excluding "legacy" themes).

Panino is a child theme of Upfront so whether you refer to Upfront or Panino, it's basically the same. However it would be better to refer to Panino as some issues may be Paniono-specific and do not apply to e.g. Scribe which is also Upfront child theme.

a) how do I learn about using your thymes other than Trial and Error

Here's a usage guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/panino/#product-usage

Please note that there are links to additional, more detailed resources included.

This PDF should also be of help:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Upfront_guide.pdf

A lot of useful articles can be also found on our blog here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/?s=upfront

b) can I use Wordpress Jetpack Plugins with your Thymes and are there any known issues,

JetPack is a big bundle of plugins and usually plays well with our themes. However, I'm not able to give you any guarantee here as this heavily depends on individual settings/configuration. The most reliable way to get to know if it does work together is giving it a try, unfortunately.

c) I was looking in the Panino Thyme Manager I did not see Arial, nor Tacoma but I did see them elsewhere; so the point of what I am after are there Videos on How to Use Upfront and or Panino?

After you enter "Upfront mode" on the page, please switch to "Theme settings" in the left panel and expand the "Typeface" drop-down list and you'll find an Arial font there. As for other fonts - you should be able to use any available Google Web Fonts. To do this, on the same panel click on "Theme Fonts Manager" and select desired Google Fonts.

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to help!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.