Need help with setting up and customizing the membership registration pages

Can you help with the following?

How do I customize the membership registration pages? i.e. layout, font, required information.

I would like to add a required field on the registration page for one of my subscriptions types. I am offering a student subscription at a discounted rate. I would like to add a field that requires that the user upload a picture of their Valid Student ID to qualify for the student discount. Is this possible?

• Patrick

Hey there @Burt

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

I would suggest waiting a few more days for the next version of Membership2 which is gonna knock your socks off with all the additional customization possibilities & new addons. :slight_smile:

This includes much easier templating so you can create pretty much any layout you want, as well as a customizable registration form with additional fields.

• Sajid

Hi @Burt

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

To add additional required fields, you can use Cimy User Extra fields plugin and create as much extra fields as you want.

To change text on registration page, use translation files of membership plugin. Edit membership2-en_US.po using PoEdit software and move them (both files membership2-en_US.po and membership2-en_US.mo) to wp-content/languages/plugins folder (create if does not exists).

To make changes in design can you provide a mockup/screenshot how you want your registration page to look like ? So I can suggest you CSS to make it according to your requirements.

Cheers, Sajid

• Burt

Hi @Sajid,

I will download and Install Cimy User Extra fields and PoEdit but I am still a novice at some of this stuff. For clarity I am not looking to translate (different languages) the text. I just need to edit the text and change some colors so it can be more visible but keep everything in english. Do I still need PoEdit? Or am I misreading things. If so where is the membership2-en_US.po file located initially?

The layout/ design of the template I am using is fine. It's the fields and text where the users have to enter information that is hard to read and not as clean as it should be. Is there someone that can take a look at the site?

Thanks

• Sajid

Hi @Burt

Do I still need PoEdit? Or am I misreading things. If so where is the membership2-en_US.po file located initially?

Yes! You can use translation strings for this purpose too :slight_smile:

You can initially find the membership2-en_US.po file in plugins/membership/languages folder.

The layout/ design of the template I am using is fine. It's the fields and text where the users have to enter information that is hard to read and not as clean as it should be.

To make the membership page text more readable add below code in style.css file of your child theme or in custom CSS box by using Simple Custom CSS plugin.

.ms-top-bar h4 {
        color: #000;
    }
    .ms-price-details, .ms-membership-form-wrapper legend, .ms-form-element .wpmui-field-label {
        color: #fff;
    }

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @Burt

I can not see upload picture field on membership registration page. Please add the field first, let me know when and I will then give you code to hide it on other memberships and only make it visible for Student Memberships.

Also send in FTP and WordPress admin login details. So I can make changes in backend and edit some files. You can send using our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :simple_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid