Need help with site's look after migration

After migration my site is broken and some things don't work on it because of errors in JavaScript. Can you help me with that?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello elena

I hope you're well today!

I checked your (new) site's front-end and there's a number of JS errors reported in browser console. They are generated by the scripts included with the theme that you're using on site.

You mentioned during the chat that the site was infected and cleaned up so it's quite probable that during that process some files got corrupted (unintentionally). Due to the fact that the "erroring" scripts are coming form the theme, I"d strongly suggest starting with one simple tweak: re-install the theme from its original install package.

In fact, you don't have to switch theme to other one, delete this one and re-install it but just upload it again:
    - access the site via FTP or cPanel File Manager
    - upload the theme files from the clean install package to the /wp-content/themes folder, overwriting existing ones (make sure you got a full backup of the site before doing that, just in case).

If that doesn't help, we'll then "dig deeper".

Please note: I wasn't able to access site's back-end due to this error

Se ha detectado una petición de login incorrecta a tu CMS que por seguridad hemos bloqueado. Para que lo podamos revisar ábrenos un ticket al Departamento de Soporte con el siguiente ID y dirección IP:

ID: kYunbPGcj5AF7UPq190ttmo6 (200)
    Tu dirección IP: 83.9.49.170

If there are any country/IP restrictions on access, make sure they are temporarily removed when dealing with support - if the solution suggested above doesn't help.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• elena
    • New Recruit

ok they answer this to enter: (traduce with google you better please)

Hola Elena,

Este mensaje aparece debido a las reglas de seguridad que implementamos recientemente para limitar ataques contra el servidor donde se aloja tu web y la carga que estos puedan generar.

Entre otras cosas, bloqueamos las peticiones a archivos atacados con frecuencia (como el login de wordpress) desde navegadores que no tengan instalados ciertos idiomas. Entre ellos están:

Español
    Catalán
    Gallego
    Euskera
    No es necesario que estén instalados todos, ni que sean el de uso principal, solo tiene que estar instalado en tu navegador. Esta medida solo se aplica a zonas sensibles de la web (por lo que no tienes que preocuparte de que se bloqueen visitas a tu web), para evitar el acceso de bots.

Para poder acceder tendrá que añadir uno de los idiomas mencionados arriba a tu navegador. Te explico como se pueden añadir a Google Chrome y Mozilla Firefox puesto que son los navegadores más usados.

Para Google Chrome debería seguir estos pasos:

Abrir Chrome
    Ir al menú arriba a la derecha -> “Configuración”
    En la parte inferior, haced clic en Mostrar “Configuración avanzada”
    En la sección “Idiomas” -> “Añadir idiomas”
    Añadir uno de los idiomas mencionados anteriormente a la lista

Para añadirlos en Mozilla Firefox:

Id al menú -> “Preferencias”
    “Idioma” -> “Seleccionar ...”
    Aquí elegir uno de los idiomas mencionados y añadirlo al navegador en cualquier lugar (no tiene por qué estar de primero).

Una vez termine de añadir el idioma debería poder acceder con normalidad.

Si esto os diese problemas o no fuera posible instalarlo, avísanos para buscar soluciones alternativas, pero lo ideal es que se siga este procedimiento.

thanks!!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello elena

Thank you for your response!

I'm sorry for the delay with my answer. Here on forum we're often dealing with a bit more complex (or more time-consuming) stuff than our colleagues on chats and we're expected to go through all the tickets in order from oldest to newest, in order to minimize waiting times. Sometimes that's taking a bit more time, hence the delay. Once again, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting.

Getting back to the issue, though. I must admit I have never ever seen that kind of security rule before but it's quite interesting and fortunately, simple enough to go through - I just added Spanish to my browser and I was then able to get to the login page.

However, I still wasn't able to access the site, I'm afraid. The login credentials that you provided during the chat are not working. At this stage I would need to be able to access the site and server to check what's happening "under the hood". That said, could you please provide me directly with working access credentials for the site (admin level access) and either FTP or cPanel (preferably cPanel!) to that same site?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi elena

My colleague from the chat passed the credentials on to me, so I was able to access the site now. I could see quite a number of errors there and most of them are actually related to some theme resources. I think that's all connected but when I accessed cPanel to try to find out what's causing that, suddenly everything went down.

By "everything" I mean not the site itself but entire server that stopped responding - cPanel started giving me timeout error, just like it was down. That's strange because I did not make any changes to the site configuration and so far I only
    - loaded the front-end (just like any visitor would do) and looked into the browser console
    - reviewed site configuration (mostly list of the installed plugins)
    - looked into the wp-config.php file

Then I tried to look into the WP debug log but the entire server just stopped responding. Are you aware of any issues with the server that could have happen just around the time I'm writing it? Was it going down like that before (if so, does it require you to contact host and asking them for help or does it go back automatically)?

I'm asking because I'm slightly confused with this. Issues on site rarely cause even cPanel to stop responding and I wasn't even able to make any changes on site that could possibly break it down (not to mention, that the worse case scenario it would take only site down and I could easily reverse that) - so that suggests that the server isn't particularly stable or there's indeed still something on site (e.g. maybe it wasn't fully cleaned up or there's some process in back-end) that is actually totally overloading the server.

Let me know please if you are aware of any similar cases regarding that (new one) site and also in case you're not - could you contact your host and ask them why the cPanel/server went down? They should be able to look into server logs, bring it back on and tell us what the logs say - this could actually point us to some other issues on site that might need to be fixed.

Please respond to me directly here.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• elena
    • New Recruit

they say me this:

Hello Elena, The server in which your account is hosted has not had any problem, so your programmer describes us, it seems that the IP from which you accessed had been blocked. Could you give us some information so that we can review the problem? - Ip from which you accessed when you had this problem, you can see it here: https://raiolanetworks.es/cual-es-mi-ip/ - Date and time as accurate as possible when this happened - Is this same problem still happening? If so, is it the same IP that you indicate in the previous section - If it happened several times, steps to reproduce the problem, as detailed as possible. a greeting

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello elena

Thank you for your response!

My current IP is 83.9.52.199 but I honestly have no idea if it was the same when this happened or not and I don't have way to check it. I'm not using a dedicated/static IP (and most of us are not; furthermore, we're a globally distributed company working from across the globe from various IPs and countries) and I have no control over it.

This is a bummer. I did nothing on the server/site that could possibly trigger any justified ban/block. I suppose that could have been caused e.g. by me not being from any country that they expect me to be (like: they do expect some languages installed in browser). I'm not sure but please pass above response to the host, maybe they'll be able to find out what happened. In any case, whatever IP I was using at the time, it would be "geolocated" as coming from Poland and the issue started on Sun April 21st somewhere between around 3:45 - 4:15 PM UTC time.

It's important when dealing with support here to make sure that the site and (if we need access) server/cPanel is fully available without any country/IP restrictions of that kind because we have no way of predict what IP , what internet provider and what geographical location we'll be accessing it from.

I'll be more than happy to assist you further and continue investigating the issue up until we'll solve it but I'm afraid I must be able to access the site and server and not get "cut off" at some random moment :wink:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello elena

I don't believe it helped and I'm not even sure if that was actually the reason. I was able to access the site and server again and do some more testing. I went as far as switching to newer PHP version and while that didn't solve the issues, the access was fully working until... right now when I got cut off again while all that I was doing since that PHP switch was actually refershing the site while reviewing various error messages in the browser console and checking various aspect of site configuration (without making further changes on server or site).

I got cut off in exactly the same way as recently. It happened just now and my IP while it happened was 83.9.21.248. Can you please get in touch with your host and ask them if any locks were put right now on that IP and if so - what would be the reason? Maybe that will help me avoid that. If not and they cannot lift those "locks" (note: I cannot make this IP permanent, I don't know what I'll be using in an hour or tomorrow) - we'll need to think of some other way to deal with it. I'll try to ask some of my colleagues if they do have better luck accessing your site.

Please respond to me directly here instead of chat.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• elena
    • New Recruit

they answered me this:
    After making a review of the case, we see that for the IP of the programmer (83.9.21.248) has repeatedly failed a rule of our firewall, which could have caused the problems described. We have temporarily disabled that rule, could you try again and see if you continue to have problems now?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello elena

Thank you for getting in touch with your host.

repeatedly failed a rule of our firewall, which could have caused the problems described

I'm honestly not sure what that rule could be as I'm using the same setup for work on daily basis and didn't experience such issues before but whatever it was - it was definitely the one causing the problem. Apparently, I now was able to work normally on the site and server without being cut off.

Therefore, I was finally able to do some "digging" and testing. There's a good and the "not so good" news, though. The good one is that I was able to narrow down what's causing pretty much all the errors that are returned in browser console.The "not so good" one is that:

- it's a "conflict" of Iron Music plugin and the "classic" Menu Type being selected in Menu Settings of the FWRD theme
    - it's in fact quite surprising because the Iron Music plugin comes from the theme provider and is actually required by the theme
    - unfortunately, while I was able to identify that, I wasn't able to find out yet why this is happening.

Still though, fixing these errors is the first thing to take care of as they are affecting jQuery scripts on site that are also related to how the site looks and behave.

That being said:

1) I found some zip file on the server containing the theme; is this a clean, original installation package of the theme or just a backup? If it's not a fresh and unmodified installation zip, could you please share a fresh install package of the them with me? I realize that you already tried to re-upload it but I'd like to take a look inside the files anyway.

2) would you be able to get and share a fresh original Iron Music plugin install package?

3) it's been said before that the site was previously infected and was cleaned up; would you be able to share some more details on what exactly was done during that clean up? That might be important.

Looking forward to your reply,
    Adam

PS. If you were about to share the files that I asked for with me, please upload them to some file storage of yours (such as Google Drive or Dropbox or similar) and just post a download link. This is because you wan't be able to attach zip files (and any big files) to your response here.A

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.