Need help with Subscribe by Email plugin

Hi support, the subscribe by email plugin is great - does exactly what we need. However, it's missing a core feature we desperately need. My client is accepting subscriptions from multiple sources (landing pages, conferences, their main website, etc.), and we need a way to add multiple email addresses at a time, rather than one at a time. It's simply becoming too cumbersome to add 150+ addresses a day manually. Any chance you can provide more info on one of the following?

OPTION 1: Is there a way for me to "hack" the import function to allow me to import multiple addresses at once, maybe simply through a comma separated list? Could you at least point me in the right direction?

OPTION 2: I know it outputs a CSV file, so I have to believe it can / would somehow support importing the same? Maybe?

OPTION 3: Can I request a quote from you for custom work on this? If not from you, can you provide a credible recommendation of someone who could do a custom mod like this?

OPTION 4: Is there some sort of simple hack I could do, like... install the Subscribe2 plugin, import my list into there, and then import into Subscribe to Email every time I need to import multiple addresses?

Anyway you guys can help me is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

--
Dave Hanas
Principal Designer
David Hanas Design LLC

Mobile 267.237.5263
Office 267.982.2259
Skype davehanas

dave@davehanas.com
http://www.davehanas.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davehanas

aecnu

Greetings david_hanas,

Thank you for this great questions and significant items to bring up.

OPTION 1: Is there a way for me to "hack" the import function to allow me to import multiple addresses at once, maybe simply through a comma separated list? Could you at least point me in the right direction?

It is not as easy as you may think to accomplish this because this is trying to use it as it is not intended to be used.

I have included a screen shot below of the fields of this plugin which are as you can see not something to easily integrate - i.e. WordPress ID etc.

OPTION 2: I know it outputs a CSV file, so I have to believe it can / would somehow support importing the same? Maybe?

Personally if i were trying to do this I would use what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat.

OPTION 3: Can I request a quote from you for custom work on this? If not from you, can you provide a credible recommendation of someone who could do a custom mod like this?

You could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs but this is not an official recommendation of any single person or entity listed there.

OPTION 4: Is there some sort of simple hack I could do, like... install the Subscribe2 plugin, import my list into there, and then import into Subscribe to Email every time I need to import multiple addresses?

This is tough because the subscribers will not have the data for the fields of the db. However, is it needed to work? i.e. wp id number etc.

You may want to play with it using Navicat to find out - be sure to always backup your database before messing with it - and Navicat does that too as well as the Snapshot plugin for backing up your database.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

david_hanas

Joe,

I appreciate the previous help you gave me on this topic. After exploring the options with my client, I need to re-open this topic.

I need something this is more client-centric, and allows them to manage the subscription plugin – really the only function they need is the import of multiple email addresses. Modifying the database (or using Navicat to do so) just simply was not an option that would work for my client.

This is the situation – my client has a landing page on their main, corporate website. On that landing page, they have a "signup for our blog" checkbox.

For the past month, my client has been manually importing these addresses into the blog (where the subscription plugin is). But this has proven to be too cumbersome & time consuming. The receive almost 100 subscriptions a day, and you can imagine how time consuming it is to manually add 100 people at a time.

Are there any other alternatives, different from what you've already provided, that we can explore to achieve this multi-email address import?

If there is simply no other alternative, can something like the following be achieved?
    Once the user's information is submitted through the main site's landing page, their email address is POSTED to the blog into the subscribe by email plugin. Can this be achieved? If so, how?

If neither can be achieved, we'll revisit the option of hiring someone to do this, but we'd ultimately like to see what we can do with what we have now.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

- Dave

aecnu

Greetings david_hanas,

Thank you for letting us know and I would guess that you found the ticket already closed/marked as resolved?

If you look back through the ticket I would put forward that it was not that I was ignoring you or the rest of the team was ignoring you as well - the problem is that on this date and post I mark the ticket as resolved with my straight forward answers:
    Posted 2 months ago (23:25, 08/03/2012)
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/need-help-with-subscribe-by-email-plugin#post-254891

Whenever I close a ticket my signature line is: Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member! to members with 100 points or less.

A month and a half later you responded with this reply: Posted 2 weeks ago (18:51, 10/12/2012)

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/need-help-with-subscribe-by-email-plugin#post-289066

And the two weeks later with the last.

What I am trying to point out here Chris is only that I believe on the ticket from two weeks ago that you may have not marked it as not resolved and therefore it did not come up on my screen.

No other reasons except if this is in fact the case I want to make sure it does not happen again because we do not want you to think for a minute we are unconcerned or ignoring you - please be sure to mark as not resolved if indeed this is the situation

Sincerely Joe