Need help with theme Buddy Daily

Is there a manual with instructions?

1. Specifically, I want to remove the categories/pages that show above the menu. How can I do that?

2. The marketing buzz talks about the flexibility of this theme and how alternative formats can be used. How is this done?

3. There are three posts shown on the post page (with more in the sidebar). Is there a way to have more than three? How does one control which ones are shown (by category? date? or what)?)

4. The sidebar repeats posts shown in the main section. How does one produce a list without the repeats.

At this point, I am very frustrated. I certainly hope there is some kind of manual to answer these and other questions.

Thank you for your response(s),

Monty

• PC

Hello Monty,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Unfortunately the documentation of the theme is being rewritten and till them we are answering all the setup related issues on the forums so let me get things sorted for you.

1. Specifically, I want to remove the categories/pages that show above the menu. How can I do that?

That is hardcoded in the theme so if you want to remove it, you can install a plugin like : http://wordpress.org/plugins/imporved-simpler-css/ and add the below CSS to the plugin via Appearance >> Custom CSS

#category-navigation {display : none}

2. The marketing buzz talks about the flexibility of this theme and how alternative formats can be used. How is this done?

You can use Appearance >> Theme options to modify the looks of the theme and how the content is displayed. It will let you choose the homepage featured content settings as well as general content settings.

3. There are three posts shown on the post page (with more in the sidebar). Is there a way to have more than three? How does one control which ones are shown (by category? date? or what)?)

If you are referring to the homepage, you can set that up via Theme options under Homepage content settings.

"Select number of posts for your content wall (3 per row)"

But in a row, it will show 3 only. is that what you are looking to increase ? If you could kindly provide a screenshot and a link to the site so that I can see it live, it would be helpful.

Its show by category as selected in theme options.

4. The sidebar repeats posts shown in the main section. How does one produce a list without the repeats.

The sidebar uses Widgets so you can remove the recent posts widget. In order to have more control you can use a plugin like : http://wordpress.org/plugins/recent-posts-widget-extended/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same and I will answer them all for you :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.