Need images to have more depth (and show more of image) on 'Timeline Express' plugin

http://freshfields.promoting-u.co.uk/timeline/

Hi, I am having an issue where this plugin (timeline express) is presenting some of the images with not enough depth to the extent that the majority of the pic is being cut off the top and bottom. I need to show more of the image but the plugin is creating an image at this size and using it in some cases but not others? (see screenshot)

Could you take a look for me and get the plugin to pull in the full image or at least one that shows more of the shot?

Many thanks

:slight_smile:

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Studio3creative

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I investigated the issue and it really seems very weird to me. For some images, it's taking the full size image. For some images, it's taking the cropped version. I looked at the plugin options but could not find any option to select image size for thumbnails. Can you please ask the plugin developer regarding this? I believe, he can give you best idea regarding this. Please let us know what he says and if you need any help from our end. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Studio3creative
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Ripon,

In the developer notes i found this...

By default Timeline Express generates a custom image size to use within the timeline. If you would like to use another image size, you can use the following filter.

example:

function change_timeline_express_announcement_image_size( $image_size ) {
    $image_size = 'full';
    return $image_size;
    }
    add_filter( 'timeline-express-announcement-img-size' , 'change_timeline_express_announcement_image_size' );

Could you please show me how to use this code and where to put it in order to control the height of each image when in the timeline?

Many thanks.

:slight_smile:

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Studio3creative

Hope you had a wonderful day.

You can simply paste this code at the bottom of the functions.php file of your currently active theme. But I don't prefer this method because this will be gone when you change your theme, or when your theme is updates.

Rather, I'll prefer creating a MU Plugin. For creating a mu plugin, create a folder named "mu-plugins" inside your "wp-content" folder. Then inside that "mu-plugins" folder, create a file with any name and with a .php extension. Now paste the code inside that file and save.

function change_timeline_express_announcement_image_size( $image_size ) {
    $image_size = 'full';
    return $image_size;
    }
    add_filter( 'timeline-express-announcement-img-size' , 'change_timeline_express_announcement_image_size' );

For getting more idea on mu plugins, you can go through this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Studio3creative,

WordPress by default has 4 image sizes - full (original size), large, medium and thumbnail (thumbnail is cropped one) https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Thumbnails

In this code you ask to sever full images instead of the cropped ones

$image_size = 'full';

if you for example need to serve thumbnails you would change that to

$image_size = 'thumbnail';

you could try to use custom size like that

$image_size = array(100,100);

but you would need to consult plugin developer if this will work (serving images sizes in array works for default WordPress function).

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Studio3creative
    • The Bug Hunter

I am still lost could you go into the back of the site and look at this for me as the solution is beyond me? Just need the images to show the full height of the shots uploaded and not create a small post box sized image that cuts the bottom and top off.

Many thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Studio3creative,

I'm checking your site but I don't see code we provided placed there - there is no mu plugins and I don't see it in the custom functions of your theme. Could you tell me where did you put it so I can check?
    Also I can see that this thread is marked as resolved - I'm not sure if this was by accident or you no longer require our assistance. Please advise.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.